STAR TREK ONLINE: AGENTS OF YESTERDAY LAUNCHES TODAY ON XBOX ONE, PLAYSTATION®4
Massive Update Lets Console Players Become Captains from Star Trek: The Original SeriesTM
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – February 14, 2017 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday launches and is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. The third official expansion for the 100% free-to-play MMORPG based on the iconic Star Trek universe sends players back in time to create a new captain from Star Trek: The Original Series. Captains will participate in new task force missions, fly classic era-appropriate Starships and explore episodic story content inspired by the television series that started it all.
All the Details
All Star Trek’s timelines and universes collide when enemies threaten to destroy the past during Agents of Yesterday. This calls for the recruitment of Star Trek Online’s bravest to become Temporal Agents and protect the Federation. After creating a new captain from Star Trek: The Original Series, players can command one of several 23rd Century Starships. They can also explore nostalgic locations taken directly from the television show that gave way to one of the most popular science-fiction franchises of all time.
In addition, the expansion also features an exciting cast of characters voiced by beloved Star Trek actors. These include Chekov (Walter Koenig), Scotty (Chris Doohan, son of James Doohan), Temporal Agent Daniels (Matt Winston), Admiral Leeta (Chase Masterson) and Cyborg Crewman 0718 (Joseph Gatt). Today’s update to Star Trek Online on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 also includes features from the last PC update, Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts. A full list of new content that is now available to console players includes:
- First of all, a New Sub-Faction – Players can access the new tutorial section to begin their new adventure as a captain from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- also, New Missions – Captains can earn rewards by participating in over a dozen Star Trek: The Original Series-themed missions.
- New Starships – Agents of Yesterday includes over a dozen new starships from every era, from the famous 23rd Century Constitution-class Cruiser to the 31st Century Chronos-class Temporal Dreadnought.
- In addition, a New Specialization Tree – After becoming a Temporal Agent, players can manipulate the timeline to ensure protection against those trying to destroy the past.
More New Content
- New Special Task Force Missions – This feature allows captains to team up with other members of the community to take on all-new challenges in space and on ground.
- An All-Trek Cast – The expansion features Chekov, Daniels, and other characters straight from the TV shows and films. The original actors voice all of these characters.
- New Universe to Explore – Agents of Yesterday features content, actors and themes from the Kelvin Timeline. So the 2009 and 2013 Star Trek films exist in this universe.
- A K-13 Fleet Holding – After its loss to a temporal anomaly, Starbase K-13 returns. It serves as a part of the new Star Trek: The Original Series-themed Fleet Holding.
- New Weapons and Bridge Officers – The expansion introduces new Star Trek: The Original Series-themed weapons. In addition, it introduces TOS Federation and Klingon bridge officers. They were preserved in cryostasis. This happened since the station was first presumed lost.
- 7th Anniversary Celebration– Players can participate in special anniversary events like the Omega Molecule Stabilization Mini-Game. And they can earn rewards. These include a Tier 6 Krenim Science Vessel. Furthermore, Captains can also log into the game each day now through February 20 to claim daily rewards.
Even More Details
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game. Players can pioneer their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, become a Klingon Warrior and champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy, or rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird. And in Star Trek Online, players can visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek universe. Or they can reach out to unexplored star systems and make contact with new alien species. In addition, Star Trek Online is currently available on PC, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
To download and play Star Trek Online today for free, visit http://startrekonline.com.
Star Trek Online – licensed by CBS Consumer Products.
® & © 2017 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Perfect World Entertainment is a leading North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment has published a number of popular titles. These include Swordsman, Blacklight Retribution, Forsaken World, PWI and Star Trek Online. Also, the company works closely with its American development teams and partners such as Cryptic Studios, developer of the highly acclaimed MMORPG Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter. Also, Runic Games, developer of the hit Torchlight series, to provide unparalleled quality of service and game experiences to its players. A subsidiary of Perfect World Group, Perfect World Entertainment is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com.
ABOUT CRYPTIC STUDIOS, INC.
Cryptic Studios, Inc. is a leading developer of online games committed to delivering the next level of gameplay. Cryptic Studios, Inc. develops AAA titles for PC and is rapidly diversifying its portfolio of games to expand beyond the traditional MMORPG genre. In addition, its successfully launched titles include Champions Online: Free for All, Star Trek Online and Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter. Finally, Cryptic Studios, Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Group, has headquarters in Los Gatos, CA.
But, wait. There’s more.
He is the co-owner of Busy Little Beaver Productions and is the producer and co-host for G & T Show and Gates of Sto’vo’kor. He’s directed voice actors, and produced and edited audio podcasts and dramas because he doesn’t have the face for video. He plays well with others and is always on the look out for the next project, the next thing, the next next. If he wasn’t working on something with a half dozen other projects waiting in the wings, somebody please check to make sure he’s still breathing.
During the day, he’s a mild-mannered computer repair man who dabbles in web design in his small, rural, Central California community. He lives with his lovingly dysfunctional family and loyal canine companion and spends most of his time in the closet concocting some hair-brained scheme or another. He’s got an unhealthy obsession with Lego video games, Klingons, and Star Trek Online that borders on the neurotic.
Despite all this, he still finds the time to write the words. Find out what he's doing here.
Latest posts by Michael Medeiros (see all)
- G & T Show 287 – Star Trek Weed, Banned Episodes, and Reboots - July 16, 2017
- G & T Show 286 – Villainous Pathology and Star Trek - July 10, 2017
- G & T Show 285 – Moving Story Forward With Impactful Deaths - July 2, 2017