Ask Dayton #1
Question: If Dayton had the power of Q, what would he do with such power?
Dayton’s reply: Wow, that’s a pretty imposing question, isn’t it? What to do if gifted with all but unlimited power?
The obvious answer is to do some good with it, right? You know, take care of the usual big-ticket wish list items like ending war as well as eradicating disease, poverty, famine and other suffering. It’d be nice to do away with bigotry, hatred, and fear, and while I’m at it I’d probably take the opportunity to bitch-slap those who would use such divisive antics as tools for political or personal gain.
And while I’m at it, I’d return missing children to their parents, and make sure that those listed as missing in action during a war are returned to their native lands so that their families might have closure and at least some measure of peace. I’d heal the sick and the injured, and remove the hardship of struggling just to scrape together the necessities required to simply get by, allowing everyone a greater opportunity to enjoy a life of fulfillment rather than simple survival.
In short, I’d make the world a better place for everyone, rather than just a privileged few. That seems like a worthy use of such power, right?
“Oh, come on, Dayton!” I can hear some people saying. “That’s all nice and good, but what would you really do? You know, just because you could?”
Well, that’s a list which could get long pretty quickly.
1) I’d bring back Firefly. If you really need me to supply a reason for this, then my mother says that you and I can’t be friends.
2) I’d do away with the Designated Hitter, and I’d go back in time and teach Shaquille O’Neal how to shoot free throws. I’d also go back and ask the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to reconsider those original creamsicle colors.
3) The bridge of the original Enterprise would become my living room, and my other car would be the Batmobile from the 60’s Batman series.
4) Whoever decided Jersey Shore was a great idea? Yeah, that person would be visited every day by every member of the Micro Wrestling Federation, who would then take turns hitting him in the junk with a baseball bat.
5) I would do away with my alarm clock, and instead be awakened every morning with a live performance of Rush. I’ll leave the daily song selection up to them.
6) The G&T Show would air on SiriusXM, with a better timeslot.
… If you have a question that you would like to Ask Dayton, send your questions to [email protected]
Related articles across the web
But, wait. There’s more.
He is the co-owner of Busy Little Beaver Productions and is the producer and co-host for G & T Show and Gates of Sto’vo’kor. He’s directed voice actors, and produced and edited audio podcasts and dramas because he doesn’t have the face for video. He plays well with others and is always on the look out for the next project, the next thing, the next next. If he wasn’t working on something with a half dozen other projects waiting in the wings, somebody please check to make sure he’s still breathing.
During the day, he’s a mild-mannered computer repair man who dabbles in web design in his small, rural, Central California community. He lives with his lovingly dysfunctional family and loyal canine companion and spends most of his time in the closet concocting some hair-brained scheme or another. He’s got an unhealthy obsession with Lego video games, Klingons, and Star Trek Online that borders on the neurotic.
Despite all this, he still finds the time to write the words. Find out what he's doing here.
Latest posts by Michael Medeiros (see all)
- G & T Show 294 – Television’s Old Busted vs New Hotness - September 17, 2017
- G & T Show 293 – The Jazz Man Cometh, Baby - September 10, 2017
- G & T Show 292 – Angry Tribal Rantings And Stuff - September 3, 2017