AWESOME CON 2017 Announcement
Introducing Awesome Con 2017!
Awesome Con 2017
Washington, D.C. (April 18, 2017) – Awesome Con 2017, the mid-Atlantic’s premier pop culture convention, brings a three-day celebration of television, movies, comic books, science, technology and more back to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Plus the event goes from Friday, June 16 through Sunday, June 18. In addition, fans will be able to explore hundreds of hours’ worth of programming. This includes: celebrity and expert-driven panel discussions; iconic film memorabilia exhibits; cosplay fashion shows; video game showdowns; and more.
Furthermore, exciting additions to Awesome Con 2017 include an even more playful and educational kids zone. So this is in the form of Awesome Con Junior. In addition, Pride Alley showcases LGBTQ artists and pop culture intersections in partnership with Geeks OUT. Also, a more stimulating science and technology pavilion sure to delight curious minds. So now in its fourth year, Awesome Con sets a new standard as an ever-more inclusive and dynamic destination for fans of all ages across the spectrum of ‘geeky.’
- Friday, June 16; exhibit hall hours 12pm – 8pm, programming until 10pm
- Saturday, June 17; exhibit hall hours 10am – 7pm, programming until 10pm
- Sunday, June 18; exhibit hall hours 10am – 5pm
Where: Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mt. Vernon Pl NW
Washington, DC 20001
The Guest List
- Stan Lee (Creator of Spider-Man, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, X-Men)
From Doctor Who:
- First of all, David Tennant (Doctor Who, Jessica Jones, DuckTales, Broadchurch, Gracepoint)
- Billie Piper (Doctor Who, Penny Dreadful, Secret Diary of a Call Girl)
- Catherine Tate (Doctor Who, The Catherine Tate Show, The Office)
- Also, John Barrowman (Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Torchwood, Doctor Who)
- First of all, Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Big Bang Theory, The Guild, Eureka, NUMB3RS)
- Khary Payton (AMC’s The Walking Dead, Teen Titans GO, Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Big Hero 6: The Series)
- In addition, Eliza Dushku (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Tru Calling, Dollhouse)
- Kel Mitchell (All That, Game Shakers, Good Burger, Keenan and Kel)
- Jason David Frank (Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers)
- Finally, Felicia Day (The Guild, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, Eureka, Supernatural)
- Greg Capullo (Batman, Reborn, X-Force, Quasar, The Creech)
- Scott Snyder (American Vampire, Batman, Swamp Thing, Voodoo Heart)
Cost: Daily and full weekend passes available.
- Friday or Sunday Only Admission: $35
- Saturday Only Admission: $45
- 3-Day ‘Geekend’ Pass: $75
- Kids 10 and under: free with coupon code AWESOMEJR
Also, VIP passes & experiences range from $150 to $379 and offer access to various celebrity appearances and special events.
Where to Find Them
Website: www.awesomecon.com – updated regularly with new guests, exciting exhibitors, and special programming.
- Facebook: facebook.com/AwesomeConDc
- Twitter: @AwesomeCon
- Instagram: @awesomecons
- Tumblr: awesomecons.tumblr.com
About Awesome Con
So Awesome Con is the biggest annual comic and pop culture convention in Washington, D.C., having welcomed over 50,000 attendees in 2016. Plus Awesome Con celebrates all aspects of geekdom and pop culture, with a wide assortment of engaging events, comic books, collectibles, toys, games, original art, cosplay and more. In addition, Awesome Con is presented in partnership with LeftField Media. Finally, they are an event organization company developed by the founder of New York Comic Con.
About LeftField Media
First of all, LeftField Media, LLC is an events company focused on developing face-to-face events in a range of communities rooted in contemporary culture and shared passion. Also, LeftField was formed in 2014 by Greg Topalian (President, LeftField Media). However, it is now owned by Topalian and Clarion Events Ltd. So with a keen sense of the evolving needs of businesses and their consumers, as well as new opportunities created by change, LeftField takes a clean slate approach to its work.
In addition, LeftField’s portfolio includes Play Fair (playfairny.com), a family-focused celebration of toys and play built with the Toy Industry Association. Also, Awesome Con (awesomecon.com), Washington D.C.’s Comic Con Furthermore, Rose City Comic Con (rosecitycomiccon.com) in Portland, O.R. In addition, Anime NYC (animenyc.com), a Japanese pop culture festival presented by Crunchyroll. Also, the Five Points Festival (fivepointsfest.com), a designer toy and comic art convention curated by Clutter. Also, the Classic Auto Show (theclassicautoshow.com). So the latter is a vintage auto show launched in Los Angeles. Finally, LeftField Media is headquartered in historic Trumbull, C.T. (leftfieldmedia.com).
But, wait. There’s more.
He is the co-owner of Busy Little Beaver Productions and is the producer and co-host for G & T Show and Gates of Sto’vo’kor. He’s directed voice actors, and produced and edited audio podcasts and dramas because he doesn’t have the face for video. He plays well with others and is always on the look out for the next project, the next thing, the next next. If he wasn’t working on something with a half dozen other projects waiting in the wings, somebody please check to make sure he’s still breathing.
During the day, he’s a mild-mannered computer repair man who dabbles in web design in his small, rural, Central California community. He lives with his lovingly dysfunctional family and loyal canine companion and spends most of his time in the closet concocting some hair-brained scheme or another. He’s got an unhealthy obsession with Lego video games, Klingons, and Star Trek Online that borders on the neurotic.
Despite all this, he still finds the time to write the words. Find out what he's doing here.