G & T Show 241 – Huh? Wait … What?
G & T Show 241 – Huh? Wait … What? is now available to download. Check it out here. Nick, Terry, Mike, Janet, and Allen have returned for an all new episode of the G & T Show to discuss all of the latest happenings in and around the Star Trek Multi-verse. They discuss General, Gaming, Product, Convention, and Television News. They touch on the latest Semantic Shenanigans in the Axanar case and introduce something new for Unofficial Productions. Also, they check out a piece of Listener Mail. Despite some technical difficulties with a finickyTeamSpeak, for this week’s 50 for 50, they discuss Star Trek Voyager’s The Year of Hell. Check out all of the Trek goodness in this week’s episode of the G & T Show.
After the introductions they jump into Coffee Klatch. Janet had dental surgery this week. Her dentist did some interior design on her mouth. She’s been working on school work. She’s got a Thunderclap going on and is looking for more people to get involved to amplify her signal. Alan played hotel all week. Mike is celebrating his birthday today. This week he spoke with Mike Schilling from Shore Leave. Some more planning for Semantic Shenanigans has been underway. They have a theme song courtesy of Invocation Array. They are seeking a logo for Semantic Shenanigans and it may evolve into a contest. Gates of Sto’vo’kor has released a new episode. And, he’s been working on a short story for a charity anthology. Terry reminded Mike that SciFiCommons had tweeted some big news for him as well. SciFiCommons is going into the studio this weekend to record an episode of their upcoming Reality’s Edge Audio Series that was inspired by a story Mike had submitted to them. Mike also mentioned that he’s started working on the Semantic Shenanigans website. And finished up with the announcement that he’s finished all of his Trekmas shopping for his Trek Family. Nick went to a Cure concert in Chicago with the Ferris Anomaly on Friday after working all week. He talks about the concert, stopping at Denny’s after the show, and the flight home the next morning. Nick does a voice that reminds Mike of Stewart from MadTV. Nick is going to watch the Cure again when they play near him. Terry had a company picnic catered by Fudruckers and held at Cliff’s Amusement park. They have been experiencing an early monsoon season, which means the dogs have been freaking out.
They start off the show with a voice mail they received this week from Al Rivera from Cryptic Studios. He wanted Terry to justify how she is going to justify playing as Lieutenant Commander Shull when she had been lost on the Defiant prior to the timeline that Agents of Yesterday begins. She’s in the Mirror Universe. Mike points out that she’s also a Doctor in the TNG-era and she might be able to play as Cadet Doctor Shull. They make some podiatry jokes for a moment. Terry points out that Al had mentioned that the Defiant logo was going to be in game. She thanks Al for remind her that she’s dead.
From there, they jump into this week’s Gaming News. The Summer Event has been going on this week. Terry is enjoying the new Ferengi mission on Risa. Mike isn’t having as much fun this time around. His first attempt at playing Qwen’s Temporal Artifact Scavenger Hunt turned out to be a huge ordeal because his scanner was broken and he had no idea where he was supposed to go. Terry didn’t have any issue with the mission. Terry tells Nick about the new mission. Mike mentions that he tried to take on another event during that mission since it had become too frustrating and couldn’t complete the surfing event. Right before that, Mike had made a mistake when he tried to purchase his Hawaiian shirts for his male Captain and ended up with female shirts. He’s looking for someone interested in exchanging them with him. Terry offers to swap with him. Terry talks about the Hula shirts with the Gorn women. There is a new ship to earn as part of the event. The daily mission that earns the items required for the ship is now a repeatable mission, though the rewards are limited to daily. They also talk about the new swimsuits from Gamesters of Triskelion.
The date for Agents of Yesterday has been announced. The new expansion will be released on July 6th. Mike thinks that it will give the new TOS characters a chance to play on Risa before the event ends. Next, they talk about Star Trek Memories. A few members of the STO team share their first Trek memories.
Then, they talk about the new Ubisoft Star Trek VR game. Mike experiences some Skyping issues. With them resolved temporarily, Mike talks about the Star Trek VR game Bridge Command. The game can be used with the Occulus Rift for a 360 degree immersion. The article discussed three Trek actors that got to play it for the first time.
Nick talks about Star Trek Timelines and how he is ready to rage quit the game because of some of the impossible drop rates for certain items. He spent hundreds of Chronitons trying to get the 2-star field rations. That coupled with the odd way Shuttle missions are handled where 90% chance of success will lead to failure while low 40s will end up in a victory. Mike mentions that Disruptor Beam will be releasing a new Cadet Challenge on Thursday featuring the ladies of Star Trek and hopes that it will address the 2-star field ration issue among others. He also talks about the Galaxy Wide event that will be coming soon and the new Distress Calls that will be part of update 1.2. They had mentioned on the Disruptor Stream that all of these events should feature rewards of items with extremely low drop rates. Nick sends Disruptor Beam a message about the issues.
They move onto this week’s Product News. TrekCore sent Terry a tweet with some breaking Product News. The Wrath of Kahn Director’s Cut Blu-Ray launched last week with a Beyond Movie Ticket promotion that will give you $8 off your movie ticket to the next Star Trek film. Get it from Wal-mart, Target, and Best Buy. It may show up on other Star Trek titles in the days to come. Also, Funco Pop! has held back revealing two of the pieces in their Beyond Pop! announcement. Well, one of those missing pops have been revealed finally and it’s Captain Kirk in Survival Suite. The other pop is still a mystery.
Since they mentioned blu-rays, Mike talks about the Massive 30-disc classic Star Trek, Animated Series, and Movie blu-ray Collection is coming September 6. The pack includes Remastered TAS on Blu-Ray, which has Mike all excited. He then moves into three articles that are connected that deal with the San Diego Comic Con Exclusives. The Spock Hot Wheel that was inspired by a photo of Leonard Nimoy leaning against his 1964 Buick Riviera. The other exclusive is the Vina Orion Slave Girl Barbie. Mike points out that MattyCollector is currently allowing pre-orders for both items to be picked up at SDCC. He goes on to mention that in one of the articles, that after the convention, they will be available through MattyCollector for a limited time — most likely while supplies last, assuming they don’t sell out at SDCC. So, if you can’t attend SDCC but want the Spock Hot Wheel or the Vina Barbie, check MattyCollector often for a chance to get yours.
Terry talks about the $200 Canadian coin in the shape of a Starfleet Delta. The coin is worth $200 in actual currency, but it cost over $1000 to buy it. It is gold and is probably more of an investment rather than actual currency. Mike goes on to talk about the Bradford Exchange. They are getting into Train Collecting. The Star Trek Illuminated Train Collection with a Spock Car. Some technical issues interrupt the discussion briefly. It’s a monthly subscription. Each month a new piece of the train set will be sent to you. If you’re into Bradford Exchange or Trains, this may be something you’d be interested in. The final product Mike has for them is a Star Trek TOS Enteprise LED light. It’s USB powered. It’s an acrylic plastic plate that lights up from below. It looks holographic in the way it looks.
They go into Semantic Shenanigans next with the latest update on the Axanar lawsuit. Janet clarifies that they had been incorrect about the date of June 8th for the Doe Day of Reckoning. It turns out that the last day for Does to be named was May 25th because the Judge had sped up the timeline. No one else was named. She believes that their strategy is to isolate the defendant and get depositions out of everyone else. The next event is tomorrow. It is the response to the Counter claim. One is not required, but she believes an Answer to the counter claim or a motion to dismiss is what they will be seeing next. The judge has the prerogative to cross out large swaths of the counter claim because its irrelevant to the case. After that is the discovery phase. She believes the plantiffs will be hiring a forensic accountant to go through their books and find out where all of the money had gone and what material benefits they had gained from their efforts. She thinks that they will find comingling which might call into Propworx’s Bankruptcy. We may not see much on Pacer, but that doesn’t mean things won’t be happening behind the scenes.
Janet follows up with some corrections about the events of Space City Comic Con. Larry Nemecek and others had provided additional information. Space City Comic Con has been around a few years longer than the two that they had mentioned. Also, for many people that attended the convention there weren’t any problems. They just seemed to be focused around the Sons of Anarchy and the upper-level VIPs. The board of directors’ attempt to oust Mr. Comits failed because he had a friend on the board that refused to vote him out. For him to be removed, it required an unanimous decision and not a majority one. SCCC is issuing some refunds. The highest tickets were $2000 but there were lower, less expensive levels as well. Janet doesn’t know the specific details on the refunds but thinks that it is limited to specific groups. Conventions are expensive to put up, hard to manage, and easy to screw up. Nick and Mike mentions the interview they held recently with Mike Schilling about Shore Leave and in it they discuss generally some of the issues that conventions may encounter. She winds up by mentioning their spin off show. They are looking for a logo to represent the show. Terry is proud of them and loves the work they are putting into the show. They are having fun and they haven’t even started yet.
Mike talks about one item that they have for Unofficial Productions. Live Long and Star Trek is a video on Vimeo. It’s a mash up between TOS and 2009. They combined elements from TOS and the 2009 films to create a new story with two Enterprises, two Kirks, and two crews going against Klingons, Romulans, and Khans. It’s not long but its so much to watch.
After a couple of squirrels, they move onto Convention News. STLV is going to be crazy. The shows gets a little chaotic as more technical issues roll through. STLV has 97 guests so far. There are a lot of TOS people attending. Terry mentions some of the new people that have been added. Eric Stillwell will be there. He wrote Yesterday’s Enterprise. He messages Terry and says that he can do a better interview with us. Terry Erdmann and Paula Block will be at both STLV and Shoreleave. Larry Nemecek will also be at both. Mike got confirmation from Terry and Paula. They are excited to be joining them at their booth. They will be joined by Dayton and Kevin. There is still a mystery guest that they are still working on. Terry and Paula has written some new Ferengi / Quark books with their latest one coming out on July 4th. They have also written several non-fiction books including the Star Trek Costumes book. The G & T Show is excited to host them. There will be a schedule for them to sit at the booth so they can also do fan stuff as well.
Some news coming out of Mission New York includes Brandon Braga and Carl Urban have been confirmed as guests. The G & T Show will be there with their press passes, stalking people from the shadows with their recording equipment. That’s three conventions they will be covering between July and September.
Additional technical difficulties delay the 50 for 50, so they shift to General News. J.G. Hertzler and James Cromwell were arrested in New York for protesting fraking. Nick squirrels to talk about The Man in the High Tower. They talk about Philip K. Dick. They briefly discuss the terrorist attack in Florida that they had discussed before the show began. Their hearts go out to the friends and family of those killed and injured in the attack. People are people and violence of any kind is violence. They do not understand why everything has to be dissected as if a violent act is less violent because it has some other label.
Allen returns and they prepare for the 50 for 50. The technical difficulties continue as they start struggling to understand what they are saying. The dysfunction continues before they manage to reign it in to start their discussion. Terry thanks everyone for nominating them for a Parsec Award. They had submitted their sample with the realization that they had cussed a lot during it. They have some serious competition and are pleased to be in the same category as some of the other podcasts that had been nominated. Mike adds that they had received a lot of private messages from our fans this week and they appreciated the kind words they shared with them.
They finally get to the 50 for 50. Allen provides us with some information about how well Voyager did in the survey. Only three episodes of Voyager made it into the top 50 and two of them is the two part episode they’ll be discussing today. Alan goes over the top ten Voyager episodes. They briefly each of the seven episodes that didn’t make it to the top 50. They begin their discussion of The Year of Hell with a synopsis before getting into a discussion of the episode. A major technical issue interrupts the show brings it to a halt for a few minutes in the middle of the discussion. They resolve the issue and continue with the discussion. Allen received a request regarding the 50 for 50 data and created a graph to help illustrate how each series compared to one another on a season by season basis. They discuss the results and were surprised by some of them. Enterprise’s Fourth Season did the best overall. And TOS’s 3rd season did the worst, and TNG seems to be the most consistent. Voyager, overall, fluctuated the most. Next week they will be talking about #4 in the countdown: DS9’s s06e06 Sacrifice of Angels. If you have additional question regarding the 50 for 50, send them in and we’ll try to answer them next week.
Since the new Television show was mentioned, Terry takes them into Television News. Additional writers, the Director for the pilot, the Production Designer, and a couple of new producers have been added to the show. Kemp Powers was announced at the same time as Joe Menosky and Aron Coleite. Jesse Alexander seems to be another writer. Alex Kurtzman will be the Director for the pilot. Mark Worthington is the Productin Designer. Two additional producers, Gretchen Berg and Aaron Harberts have been added to the show. There still no confirmation on which universe the show will take place in. The team is starting to fill out. The pilot will air on CBS before the rest of the series moves to its permanent home on CBS All Access and will be released on a weekly basis.
They move into this week’s announcements. Mike has a list of them. First he thanks everyone for nominating them for the Parsec Award. Their submission has been turned in. He thinks that if they make to the finals, the vote will go public at that point. Their Supplemental Log with Mike Schilling from Shore Leave happened this week. If you’re going to be anywhere near Baltimore, you should check it out. Last week, Nick went to Awesome Con with a friend. They took some amazing pictures. The Gallery can be found below. Garth also wrote blog post with his experiences, so check that out. Semantic Shenanigans is in development. They have a theme song courtesy of Invocation Array. They thank Adrianne. They are also looking for a logo for the show and a contest with prizes may spin out from it if there is enough interest. Gates of Sto’vo’kor’s 3-2 – Vengeance is Life is now live. O Sports Show updated their website to their new new logo and they continue to release episodes weekly. Check them out and give them a listen. They will be back next week on Father’s Day. Join them next week for more fun from the farthest reaches of the Star Trek Multi-Universe.
G & T Show & BLB Productions Links & News
- G & T Show SL – Shore Leave 2016 – http://www.gandtshow.com/g-t-show-sl-shore-leave-2016/
- G & T Show Fan Dance – Experience vs. Expectation: It’s a Con Game – http://www.gandtshow.com/fan-dance-experience-vs-expectation-con-game/
- Semantic Shenanigans is still in early development. We have a theme song. We are looking for a new Logo for our website and other purposes (This may be a possible Contest)
- Gates of Sto’vo’kor: 3-2 – Vengeance Is Life has been released – http://www.gatesofstovokor.com/?p=1220
- The O Sports Show got a website update this week utilizing its new logo. New episodes continue to be released weekly. Give them a listen – http://osportsshow.com/
- More New Star Trek TV writers and Production Details includes Production Designer, Director, and two more producers – http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2016/06/more-new-star-trek-tv-writers-and.html
- New Trek 2017 Production Designer Chosen – http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/06/rumor-new-trek-2017-production-designer-chosen/
- Breakthrough: Anti-Matter Trapped For the First Time – http://bigthink.com/dr-kakus-universe/breakthrough-anti-matter-trapped-for-the-first-time
- Star Trek Online: Summer Event Ship 2016 – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10001653-star-trek-online%3A-summer-event-2016-ship
- Star Trek Online: Summer Event 2016 – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10001583-star-trek-online%3A-summer-event-2016
- Star Trek Online: Summer Event Rewards 2016 – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10003623-star-trek-online%3A-summer-event-rewards
- Star Trek Online: Star Trek Memories – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9998273-star-trek-memories%3A-systems-and-community
- Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday Coming July 6th – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10006153
- Star Trek actors take series’ first VR game for a spin – http://www.toledoblade.com/Movies/2016/06/11/Star-Trek-actors-take-series-first-VR-game-for-a-spin-Sci-fi-franchise-bracnhes-out-into-first-ever-virtual-reality-game.html
- John G. Hertzler’s Facebook announcing that he and James Cromwell were arrested – https://www.facebook.com/john.g.hertzler/posts/1388808857812417
- Star Trek actors among 19 arrested at Seneca Lake Protest – http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/local/2016/06/06/star-trek-actors-among-19-arrested-seneca-lake-protest/85495036/
- Engage: The Official Star Trek Podcast Debuts June 15th – http://www.startrek.com/article/engage-the-official-star-trek-podcast-debuts-june-15
- Star Trek Audio Book Sweepstakes Underway – http://www.startrek.com/article/audiobook-sweepstakes-underway
- 50th Anniversary Design Contest Winners Revealed – http://www.startrek.com/article/50th-anniversary-design-contest-winners-revealed
- Saldana & Quinto Duke It Out on Lip Sync Battle – http://www.startrek.com/article/saldana-quinto-to-duke-it-out-on-lip-sync-battle
- TMNT Struggles, Adds Pressure to Beyond – http://1701news.com/node/1224/tnmt-struggles-adds-pressure-beyond.html
- Stuck Outside the Beyond Fan Event? You’ve been heard – http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/06/stuck-outside-the-beyond-fan-event-youve-been-heard/
- HP Enterprise Brings New Tech to USS Enterprise in Star Trek Beyond – http://trekmovie.com/2016/06/07/hp-enterprise-brings-new-tech-to-uss-enterprise-in-star-trek-beyond/
- Massive 30-Disc Classic Star Trek, Animated Series, and Movie Blu-Ray Collection Coming September 6th – http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/06/massive-30-disc-classic-star-trek-animated-series-and-movie-blu-ray-collection-coming-september-6/
- Bradford Exchange: Star Trek Illuminated Train Collection With Spock Car – http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/917103_.html?cm_ven=FB-BEX&cm_cat=SST-M-M25-NPC_StarTrekTrain_917103&cm_pla=SST_Img-NPC_StarTrekTrain_917103&cm_ite=M25_KW-MCAStarTrek_1Step-N_MCA&utm_source=FB-BEX&utm_medium=SST-M-M25-NPC_StarTrekTrain_917103&utm_campaign=SST_Img-NPC_StarTrekTrain_917103&utm_term=M25_KW-MCAStarTrek_1Step-N_MCA
- A Tiny Spock Leaning on a 1964 Buick Riviera is the Best Hot Wheels Car Ever – http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-tiny-spock-leaning-on-a-1964-buick-riviera-is-the-bes-1781245950
- 2016 San Diego Comic-Con Reveals: Star Trek Barbie Doll – The Orion Girl: Vina – http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2016/06/08/2016-san-diego-comic-con-reveals-star-trek-barbie-doll/
- com: Vina & Nimoy SDCC Exclusives – http://www.startrek.com/article/vina-nimoy-sdcc-exclusives
- The Star Trek Delta Coin is Real Currency in Canada, but you may not want to spend it – http://io9.gizmodo.com/yes-this-amazing-star-trek-delta-coin-is-real-currency-1781258173
- Star Trek TOS Enterprise LED Light – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-the-original-series-enterprise-led-light/detail.php?p=971845&v=startrek_new-arrivals
- Trek Beyond News Round up: Movie Cash Promotion, FYE-Exclusive Funko Pop! Coming July – http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/06/star-trek-beyond-news-roundup-movie-cash-promotion-fye-exclusive-funko-pop-coming-in-july/
- Urban and Braga Trekking to Mission New York – http://www.startrek.com/article/urban-and-braga-trekking-to-mission-new-york
- Live Long and Star Trek: A TOS / 2009 Mashup of Epic Proportions – https://vimeo.com/169956317
But, wait. There’s more.
He is the co-owner of Busy Little Beaver Productions and is the producer and co-host for G & T Show and Gates of Sto’vo’kor. He’s directed voice actors, and produced and edited audio podcasts and dramas because he doesn’t have the face for video. He plays well with others and is always on the look out for the next project, the next thing, the next next. If he wasn’t working on something with a half dozen other projects waiting in the wings, somebody please check to make sure he’s still breathing.
During the day, he’s a mild-mannered computer repair man who dabbles in web design in his small, rural, Central California community. He lives with his lovingly dysfunctional family and loyal canine companion and spends most of his time in the closet concocting some hair-brained scheme or another. He’s got an unhealthy obsession with Lego video games, Klingons, and Star Trek Online that borders on the neurotic.
Despite all this, he still finds the time to write the words. Find out what he's doing here.
Latest posts by Michael Medeiros (see all)
- LeVar Burton Joins Star Trek Online As Captain Geordi La Forge - August 14, 2017
- G & T Show 290 – Terry & Allen’s STLV Recap 2017 - August 13, 2017
- G & T Show 289 – Newsapalooza: Discovery Convention Edition - August 1, 2017