G & T Show 261 – Discovering Malaise
G & T Show 261 – Discovering Malaise is now available to download. Check it out here. Nick, Terry, Mike, Janet, and Allen have recovered from their Thanksgiving holiday to discuss all of the latest happenings in and around the Star Trek multiverse. This week they discuss: General, Book, Gaming, and Television News. Also included in this episode is a helping of Semantic Shenanigans with a side of Unofficial Productions. Tune in and check out this episode of the G & T Show.
First of all, trying to find the energy to start the show, they jump straight into introductions before getting to Coffee Klatch.
Mixed News for Nick
Nick saw his parents for Thanksgiving and blew a tire along the way. In addition, when he returned, he threw out his back and missed work for a couple of days.
Pie and Writing for Janet
Janet visited her parents on Thanksgiving as well. In addition, they ate the pie that Kasey Shafsky sent her. She’s also been doing NANOWRIMO and has written 85k words in her historic urban fantasy scifi novel. She posts vague excerpts each day.
Mike’s Soul Searching and Discovering Malaise
Mike had a non-traditional Thanksgiving. His family celebrated a week early at a cousin’s newly built office/garage/shop. While it was cool, it was also uncomfortable and he ended up leaving early because his knees were killing him. Since then, Mike has been thinking and has fallen into a fandom malaise. Trek is currently his least favorite fandom. Hence he goes off on a rant against Axanar and Peters. Janet, Nick, and Terry offer their thoughts in an attempt to cheer him up. Furthermore, they hope to talk about the more positive aspects of Star Trek in the coming year and ask our listeners to share their ideas on how to celebrate Star Trek. In addition, Mike mentions he had permanently deleted the forums due to severe Russian hackers using it for their own private porn archive.
Terry Talks Sports
Terry talks about the O Sports Show. They had invited G & T to join them. Scott loved talking to Nick during 24 Hours. Nick sends some shout-outs to friends. Terry wants to hear from our listeners about topics they could discuss in the new year that will bring the positive back to Star Trek. Mike adds that his grandfather went into the hospital on Friday and has a lot going on behind the scenes.
Nick tries to cheer him up with the mention of Karen Gillan. They spend a moment talking about the new Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer. Mike tries to compare the new trailer to the initial trailer of the original and believes that this one is even better just because of Baby Groot. Nick talks about Marvel films. Terry is trying to decide which film to watch today. Nick and Mike highly recommend Doctor Strange. They discuss the film briefly. Allen admits that they hadn’t seen Civil War yet. Nick talks about it but mentions that they don’t have to see Civil War to appreciate Doctor Strange.
Terry mentions that the individual hours for 24 Hours of G & T have all been posted on the website now. She mentions some of the highlights. Nick will be a new Gettysburg’s Address on Thursday with Marc Cushman to talk about Lost In Space and the early days of television. They talk about television in today’s world. Nick mentions the CW crossover event with Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow. Nick thought it resembled the big comic book crossover events from his childhood.
Terry mentions that fans of Harry Potter have been calling for Arthur Darvill of Legends of Tomorrow to portray a young Dumbledore in future installments of Fantastic Beasts. Terry continues with the long list of BLB Production links available this week. They talk about Adrianne and Invocation Array. Semantic Shenanigans has a couple of new blogs and a new episode available. Janet talks about the new episode. Be sure to check them out.
Terry wanted to talk about television news first. Michelle Yeoh was cast as the Captain of the USS Shenzhou, another ship in Star Trek: Discovery. They also talk about Bryan Fuller. He’s got previous commitments with a couple of other shows. Terry clarifies the Fuller quote and how some blogs are negatively spinning it. He’s not involved with the decisions but will help if they call him.
Doug Jones is also in the cast. Terry would like to see him outside of prosthetics. Mike points out that he is slated to be an alien. Terry thinks he will be mo-capped and thrown into prosthetics. Mike thinks he would make an interesting Arex. They discuss some of the alien possibilities they would like to see. Anthony Rapp has also been cast as a Science Officer for Star Trek: Discovery. Since they’re announcing secondary characters now, they may not announce the lead role for quite a while. Filming begins in January 2017.
Terry wants to talk about Book News next. Before getting to it, Terry says she misses cheese. She will be having surgery soon to have her gallbladder removed. Next week, she’ll be in New York. With the squirrels out of the way, Terry begins with Designing Starships Vol. One. The book contains the information compiled from the Eaglemoss magazines included with their ships with additional 30 pages of new content that features stories, images, and more about the creation of the ships. The first volume will feature 30 ships including all of the Enterprises.
Nerdist reviewed the second issue of Star Trek: Waypoint. The story revolves around Yeoman Leslie Thompson. Gaming Industry News reviewed Star Trek: Child of Two Worlds by Greg Cox. Furthermore, the story centers around Spock. The Prey trilogy concludes with The Hall of Heroes. Mike has read the first book and is a few chapters into the second book. He talks vaguely about the first and second book so far. It gives a glimpse of Klingon society seldom seen. Plus it has Worf being a Klingon rather than a Starfleet Officer. Titan’s 50 Years of Star Trek Vol. Two is now available. Titan is known for Star Trek magazine and this series compiles their archives together.
Before moving onto Gaming News, for Unofficial Productions, Mike quickly mentions Star Trek Parodies, new Trekmas song: Little Ferengi Boy, which parodies Little Drummer Boy with a Ferengi Twist. Terry asks about the First Contact Metal Cover. In honor of First Contact’s recent anniversary, Mike came across a video of a metal cover of the film Star Trek: First Contact’s soundtrack. It rocks hard.
Gaming News is next. A new Role Playing Game is coming out from Modiphius called Star Trek Adventures. Dayton Ward and Scott Pearson wrote the storyline for the game, along with many other people involved with creating RPG games. They are in testing now. There are three campaigns available, including TNG and TOS. TOS is mixed while TNG has both a science and war storyline separately.
Star Trek Online’s Winter Wonderland is underway. One of the prizes currently available – the ugly Holiday sweater. In addition, the developers added a new fishing game. They quickly touch on the new Science bundle ship as well as the new K13 fiction. They spend a few moments discussing the Phoenix box. Exclusive items that were only available for a limited time or under specific circumstances are now available through this pack. They talk about some of the items they want from the pack.
Janet announced that the show’s Twitter account now has 1000 followers. They are pleased and celebrate the news. Nick and Janet do a little Klingons of Long Island and exchange some of their favorite recipes.
Star Trek Timelines
Finally, For the last bit of Gaming News, Mike announces that Star Trek Timelines is now available on browser and PC through Facebook and Facebook Games. A lot of people have been waiting a long time for this announcement. Janet managed to play the game for 3 minutes to check it out. Hence if your game connects to the same email address as Facebook, an existing account can be used on Facebook. However, Mike has the game on his gmail account, while his Facebook uses his personal email address. He has contacted support but has yet to have it resolved to his satisfaction. Therefore, anyone looking to start a new account or have been waiting to play Timelines, now is the time to get in game. Mike adds that Timelines has released a new ship: The NX-01 Enterprise.
First of all, Nick talks about Martin Scorsese meeting the Pope. Terry mentions that Stephen Hawking had met with the Pope and has since been hospitalized. They wish Hawking a speedy recovery. Nick mentions the earthquakes in Italy. In addition, Janet mentions Buzz Aldrin is in the hospital too. It sets Mike off, and he yells at 2016 to stop it. Nick talks about the Beatles’ last time touring and how Whoopi Goldberg had managed to see them, which is the Star Trek connection.
In addition, Mike has one more bit of news that he wants to discuss before the end of the show for General News. For those Star Trek fans that also like rollercoasters. Movie Park in Germany will be opening a new rollercoaster called Star Trek: Operation Enterprise in 2017. Mike found a time lapse video of its construction, a video podcast that contained a possible simulator of the rollercoaster, and a spec sheet with some of the details on the ride.
First of all, Terry asks Mike if he wants them to talk about anything Semantic Shenanigans wise because of his recent feelings on the subject. Mike agrees to let Janet tease Semantic Shenanigans’ latest monthly episode while he takes a short break. The latest episode discussed Alpha Nerds among other topics. In addition, Janet says thousands of pages of documents recently came out of the Axanar case. Both sides are moving for Summary Judgment, which is a seldom granted. Janet doesn’t think either motion will succeed. Furthermore, a few blogs will post soon. Oral arguments will be held on the 19th. She doesn’t know when the motion will be decided but suspects it will be between the holidays. In addition, Terry recommends everyone head over to Semantic Shenanigans and check out their blogs and listen to the latest episode. Contact Janet at [email protected]
They spend a few minutes talking sports. Allen’s Seahawks are injured. Dayton’s team, the Buccaneers, won and the 49ers are still struggling.
Bring the Happy Back!
Terry asks the audience for their ideas and feedback on how to bring the positive and happy back to Star Trek in the coming year. Nick and Janet break out into Klingons of Long Island again, discussing Tribbles. Allen asked what do they do with the pelts. Why, they make coats of course. Mike is reminded of a new product from Her Universe for ThinkGeek, a Tribble Coat. Once more, we want your ideas for the coming year. Email them or send it to them via Twitter or Facebook. Bring the Happy Back to Trek. Finally, with that they wind down this week’s show. Furthermore, they will not have a show on Christmas or New Year’s Day. But, join them next week for the next episode of the G & T Show.
G & T Show and BLB Productions
- First of all, 24 Hours of G & T: Hour 11 – Star Trek Trivial Pursuit – http://www.gandtshow.com/24-hours-g-t-star-trek-trivial-pursuit/
- 24 Hours of G & T: Hour 12 – 100,000 Latinum Pyramid with Mission Log Podcast – http://www.gandtshow.com/g-t-latinum-pyramid-mission-log-podcast/
- In addition, 24 Hours of G & T: Hour 13 – Vic Mignogna of Star Trek Continues – http://www.gandtshow.com/g-t-13-vic-mignogna-star-trek-continues/
- 24 Hours of G & T: Hour 14 – J.K. Woodward – http://www.gandtshow.com/24-hours-g-t-hour-14-jk-woodward/
- 24 Hours of G & T: Hour 15 – 17 – The O Sports Show & Larry Nemecek – http://www.gandtshow.com/g-t-hours-15-o-sports-show-larry-nemecek/
- In addition, 24 Hours of G & T: Hour 18 & 19 – Adrianne From Invocation Array – http://www.gandtshow.com/g-t-adrianne-invocation-array/
- 24 Hours of G & T: Hour 20 – Podcasters Feud – http://www.gandtshow.com/24-hours-g-t-hour-20-podcasters-feud/
- 24 Hours of G & T: Hour 21 – The Last of Star Trek Trivial Pursuit http://www.gandtshow.com/g-t-hour-21-star-trek-trivial-pursuit/
- G & T Show 258 – 24 Hours of G & T: Hours 22 – 24 – http://www.gandtshow.com/g-t-show-258-hours-22-24/
- Furthermore, Star Trek Product News Roundup: November 2016 – http://www.gandtshow.com/product-news-november-2016/
- Semantic Shenanigans: Axanar Defense Opposition to Plantiff’s Motion for Partial Summary Judgment – http://www.semanticshenanigans.com/axanar-defense-opposition-sum-judgmt/
- Semantic Shenanigans: Episode 3 – Alpha Nerds, Axanar Redaction Action, and the Seuss is Loose! – http://www.semanticshenanigans.com/alpha-nerds-axanar-redaction-seuss-loose/
- In addition, Axanar Plaintiffs Summary Judgement Motion – http://www.semanticshenanigans.com/axanar-defense-summary-judgment-motion/
- Finally, Semantic Shenanigans: Axanar Defense Response to Plaintiffs’ Request for Ex Parte Relief – http://www.semanticshenanigans.com/axanar-defense-response-plaintiffs-ex-parte/
- First of all, Star Trek: The story of the Next Generation Crew’s Greatest Movie – http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-trek-first-contact-next-generation-crews-greatest-movie-949885
- Star Trek IV Writer on Eddie Murphy’s Lost Role and Film’s Rewrite Drama – http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-trek-iv-voyage-home-writer-eddie-murphys-lost-role-950551
- Furthermore, Gene Roddenberry’s Abandoned Star Trek II Film Concept – http://trekmovie.com/2016/11/28/gene-roddenberrys-abandoned-star-trek-ii-film-concept/
- Finally, Star Trek Beyond leading nail-biting race to become this week’s DVD Best Seller – http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/star-trek-beyond-leading-nail-biting-race-to-become-this-weeks-dvd-best-seller__17209/
- First of all, Remembering Voyager Guest Ron Glass – http://www.startrek.com/article/remembering-voyager-guest-ron-glass-1945-2016
- In addition, Remembering DS9 Background Actor Brian Demonbreun – http://www.startrek.com/article/remembering-ds9-background-actor-brian-demonbreun-1959-2016
- Remembering DS9 Guest Star Fritz Weaver – http://www.startrek.com/article/remembering-ds9-guest-star-fritz-weaver-1926-2016
- Star Trek: Beyond, Discovery Production Struggles – Trek Behind the Scenes Troubles have a long history – http://www.inquisitr.com/3730806/star-trek-beyond-discovery-behind-the-scenes-troubles-have-a-long-history/
- Furthermore, Movie Park Germany – Star Trek: Operation Enterprise timelapse video 2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTfuY29YRXU
- Star Trek: Operation Enterprise Coming to Movie Park in 2017! (video podcast with possible simulator of the ride) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb6cIl2ocQc
- In addition, Star Trek: Operation Enterprise Specs – https://rcdb.com/13796.htm
- This Exclusive Star Trek Blooper reel shows a lighter side of Spock in never before seen footage – http://www.gamesradar.com/this-exclusive-star-trek-the-original-series-blooper-reel-shows-a-lighter-side-of-spock-in-never-before-seen-footage/
- Cobbs, Meriwether, & Jones Co-star in The Ultimate Legacy – http://www.startrek.com/article/cobbs-meriwether-jones-co-star-in-the-ultimate-legacy
- Furthermore, Picardo and Braga Reunite for Salem – http://www.startrek.com/article/picardo-braga-reunite-for-salem
- Preserving Star Trek’s Musical Legacy – http://www.startrek.com/article/preserving-star-trekundefineds-musical-legacy
- Finally, Watch: Picardo reads from Sagan’s The Pale Blue Dot – http://www.startrek.com/article/watch-picardo-reads-from-sagans-the-pale-blue-dot
- First of all, Schematic Illuminated Display Available Now – http://www.startrek.com/article/schematic-illuminated-display-available-now
- Star Trek.com’s 2016 Holiday Gift Guide – http://www.startrek.com/article/2016-holiday-gift-guide
- In addition, Cleveland.com’s Holiday Gift Guide 2016 includes Twilight Zone and Star Trek among TV box sets – http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2016/11/holiday_gift_guide_2016_twilight_zone_and_star_trek_among_tv_box_sets.html
- Finally, Tribble coats! New Star Trek clothing line is logically engaging – https://www.cnet.com/news/star-trek-fashion-line-think-geek-her-universe/
- First of all, Designing Starships Vol. 1 Out from Official Starships – http://www.startrek.com/article/designing-starships-vol-1-out-from-official-starships
- Star Trek: Waypoint Gives Yeoman Leslie Thompson a magnificent Backstory – http://nerdist.com/star-trek-waypoint-gives-yeoman-leslie-thompson-a-magnificent-backstory/
- Furthermore, Star Trek: Child of Two Worlds Offers Intriguing Plot. – http://www.gameindustry.com/reviews/book-review/star-trek-child-two-worlds-offers-mature-plotline/
- Prey Trilogy Concludes with The Hall of Heroes – http://www.startrek.com/article/prey-trilogy-concludes-tomorrow-with-the-hall-of-heroes
- Finally, Titan’s 50 Year of Star Trek, Vol. 2 Out Now – http://www.startrek.com/article/titans-50-years-of-star-trek-vol-2-out-now
- First of all, Star Trek: First Contact Metal Cover. – http://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2016/11/26/star-trek-first-contact-metal-cover/
- In addition, Little Ferengi Boy (new Trekmas song) by StarTrekParodies – http://startrekparodies.com/little-ferengi-boy-new-trekmas-song/
- First of all, Star Trek Online – Science Modern Bundle Stats – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10278793-science-modern-bundle-stats
- STO: Science Modern Bundle Announcement – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10276983-science-modern-bundle-announcement
- Star Trek Online: Fiction: Tales From K13 Part 2 – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10277533-tales-from-k13-part-2
- In addition, Star Trek Online: Q’s Winter Wonderland – http://www.startrek.com/article/qs-winter-wonderland
- STO: Winter Events 2016 Rewards – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10281003-winter-event-2016-rewards
- Star Trek Online: Breen Chel Boalg Warship (T6). – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10289743-breen-chel-boalg-warship-stats
- Furthermore, STO: Phoenix Prize Pack – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10287833-phoenix-prize-pack
- Star Trek: Timelines Now available on Facebook and Facebook Gameroom for PC – https://www.facebook.com/SoriedemSTO/posts/10210643182296557?pnref=story
- In addition, Timelines Available Now to play on Facebook. – http://www.startrek.com/article/timelines-available-now-to-play-on-facebook
- Star Trek: Timelines Now has NX-01 Enterprise in the store – http://startrektimelineswiki.com/wiki/NX-01_Enterprise
- Finally, Star Trek Adventures Living Playtest Launches! Guess who’s mucking about behind the scenes? – https://daytonward.wordpress.com/2016/12/01/star-trek-adventures-living-playtest-launches-guess-whos-mucking-about-behind-the-scenes/
- First of all, Michelle Yeoh Reportedly Cast as Captain Han Bo of the USS Shenzhou in Star Trek: Discovery. – http://trekmovie.com/2016/11/23/breaking-michelle-yeoh-reportedly-cast-as-captain-han-bo-of-the-u-s-s-shenzhou/
- Star Trek: Discovery Beams Up Three Cast Members – http://www.startrek.com/article/star-trek-discovery-beams-up-three-cast-members
- Furthermore, Star Trek tv series: Bryan Fuller says he won’t be involved – http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/02/star-trek-discovery-bryan-fuller?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
- Updated – Star Trek: Discovery To begin filming in Early 2017; Bryan Fuller no longer involved in production – http://lrmonline.com/news/star-trek-discovery-to-begin-filming-in-early-2017
- In addition, Legends of Tomorrow made the best Star Trek reference ever – Easter Eggs from “Invasion!” – http://moviepilot.com/p/legends-of-tomorrow-crossover-easter-eggs-invasion/4159609
- First of all, Seuss estate sues over Star Trek mashup book – http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/11/dr-seuss-creator-sues-over-star-trek-mashup-book/
- Fan-Funded Star Trek Film Claims Fair Use as Defense. – https://torrentfreak.com/fan-funded-star-trek-film-claims-fair-use-as-defense-161122/
- Furthermore, Star Trek fan film says CBS and Paramount don’t own “the idea of Star Trek” – http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/11/star-trek-fan-film-says-cbs-and-paramount-dont-own-the-idea-of-star-trek/
- Star Trek Fan Film Is Legal Fair Use, Creators Say – http://www.law360.com/articles/863837/star-trek-fan-film-is-legal-fair-use-creators-say
- Wendy Williams Came out in a Halloween Costme and the Internet Is Body-Shaming Her – http://www.oxygen.com/very-real/wendy-williams-came-out-in-a-halloween-costume-and-the-internet-is-body-shaming-her
But, wait. There’s more.
He is the co-owner of Busy Little Beaver Productions and is the producer and co-host for G & T Show and Gates of Sto’vo’kor. He’s directed voice actors, and produced and edited audio podcasts and dramas because he doesn’t have the face for video. He plays well with others and is always on the look out for the next project, the next thing, the next next. If he wasn’t working on something with a half dozen other projects waiting in the wings, somebody please check to make sure he’s still breathing.
During the day, he’s a mild-mannered computer repair man who dabbles in web design in his small, rural, Central California community. He lives with his lovingly dysfunctional family and loyal canine companion and spends most of his time in the closet concocting some hair-brained scheme or another. He’s got an unhealthy obsession with Lego video games, Klingons, and Star Trek Online that borders on the neurotic.
Despite all this, he still finds the time to write the words. Find out what he's doing here.
Latest posts by Michael Medeiros (see all)
- LeVar Burton Joins Star Trek Online As Captain Geordi La Forge - August 14, 2017
- G & T Show 290 – Terry & Allen’s STLV Recap 2017 - August 13, 2017
- G & T Show 289 – Newsapalooza: Discovery Convention Edition - August 1, 2017