G & T Show 266 – Shisko’s Sit List
G & T Show 266 – Shisko’s Sit List is now available to download. So check it out here. Nick, Terry, and Mike have returned for an all new episode of the G & T Show. This week they discuss all of the latest happenings in and around the Star Trek multiverse. So that includes General, Technology, Convention, Gaming, and Television News. Also, for the week’s general discussion, they examine the flaws with various Captains. They’re also working to resolve the issue with the YouTube channel and hope to have it back up soon. Tune and don’t miss the fun in this week’s episode of the G & T Show.
After launching into this week’s introductions, they discuss their respective weeks in Coffee Klatch. Terry had her first colonoscopy. She got a lot of reading done, but recommends not reading while preparing for the colonoscopy. Also, Nick bought a new used car, a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. Mike worked.
BLB Productions News
First of all, getting to BLB Productions News. Mike reads a press release from Ross for Live Love Play. He livestreams on Twitch three times a week. In addition, he’s launched a new feature called Bingeworthy. This web series review starts with The Storyteller Season 4, and tomorrow he will post the first installment of Revisited. It takes a look back at movies, books, and games. Follow him on social media. He’s up to a lot and going to be a new dad on top of it all.
Semantic Shenanigans recorded a new episode. So check out Spoiled Passengers.
Also, a couple of people passed away this week, Mary Tyler Moore and John Hurt. They each had important careers, and will be missed.
First of all, some people don’t the rumor that the lead character Sonequa Martin-Green will play Number One. Yet some people have known about it for a while. However, the supposed revelation that she will play THE Number One played originally by Majel Barrett in The Cage and The Menagerie. Hence some fans are up in arms.
Mike sheds some light on the subject. The Walking Dead’s showrunner, Scott M. Gimple said Sonequa can handle her roles on Star Trek and The Walking Dead. Apparently, some people took two words “Constitution-class” from his statement. So they inferred that she will play the Majel Barrett Number One, rather than a different character. Terry and everyone else on the show is disappointed in their behavior and racist remarks. Mike reads the actual quote from Gimple, who does not work on Discovery. Nick is excited that she’s working on the new Trek series. However, he does not actually knows anything specific about Discovery or the character Sonequa will play. People have taken one line out of context and made assumptions.
Star Trek: Discovery has a new writer on the team. Veteran TV writer Edward Sullivan has joined the writing staff. He wrote for Supergirl, Revenge, and was a Producer for Supergirl and Pure Genius.
Nick addresses some of the criticism coming out about the new show before anyone has even seen it by simply saying wait until you see it. Trek fans have always criticized new showe. They discuss some of the vitriol that surrounded TNG before its premiere. Even DS9’s concept drew the ire of fans because the show was based on a space station rather than a starship.
Terry talks about network television and their relationship with advertisers. She shares a story from this week, watching TNG, DS9, and Voyager on the Heroes and Icons channel. That station wants an older demographic with that block of programming since they advertise products for the baby boomer generation. However, Star Trek: Discovery doesn’t have to worry about the target market since subscriptions pay for the show in advance. Ad revenue will just be a bonus and those ads will cater to who watches the show. The chat room runs with Baby Boomer products from a comment Terry made and forces a squirrel revolving around the Hurry Cane that side tracks the show momentarily.
Next, they discuss Gaming News. They have not had a chance to get in game yet. Nick has been dealing with the car dealership and his new car. Terry has had to deal with her colonoscopy. Also, Mike had to work at a local car dealership dealing with a virus which freaked everyone there out.
They take a detour into Technology News, when Terry mentions the new update to Amazon’s Alexa. They have added a new wake up word that makes the technology even more Trek-like than before. People can now wake up Alexa by simply stating “Computer”. Nick got caught at work saying “Bridge” when he stepped into an elevator. Mike hopes that a future update will have it respond with “Please state the nature of this medical emergency.” Nick wants his computer to say “Hello Dear” as it had said in TOS. Mike points out that the computer also used the line in TAS’s “Practical Jokers”.
Moving on to General News. Terry announces the first news item. It seems people living in the Orlando, Florida area can see Jonathan Frakes narrate a Science Fiction tribute night with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra on April 15th, at the Bob Carr Theater.
Mike quickly chooses three items to mention. First, The Starfleet Academy Experience will be moving to the Tela Spark. He doesn’t know much about Tela Spark, but if you do, you will soon be able to check out The Starfleet Academy Experience. The Chabot Space and Science Center will host the 50 Years. 50 Artists exhibit. And finally, the Roddenberry Foundation Prize will be awarded in February and they will have Astronaut Mark Kelly as a judge. The Roddenberry Prize is like the X-Prize and they seek the best idea or product to benefit humanity.
They shift gears to Convention News. Shatner will return to STLV once again. A few years back, he had canceled his appearance because he had partied a little too hard the night before, according to some rumors. Also attending: Aron Eisenberg, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Alice Krige, Roxanne Dawson, Sandy Gimple, and Celeste Yarnall. Shoreleave has not announced their first guest yet. However, they should make it before Farpoint next month. Nick is excited about the guest appearing at Farpoint this year. He heard on the news that Nicholas Meyer will attend. Felicia Day will appear at Awesome Con. They talk about Felicia Day’s pregnancy.
Star Trek Online
So with all of the other news out of the way, they return to Star Trek Online. The new content and the Anniversary event have gone live. Furthermore, Season 12: Reckoning is live on PC right now. Agents of Yesterday will go live on console on February 14th. The chatroom has talked about it and the Anniversary ship. The winning entry in the Lukari ship “kit-bash poll” is this year’s ship. With the chat room’s help, they figure out how to get the ship. The new Featured Episode will grant 400 vouchers, and the Omega Stabilization daily will grant 40 more vouchers every day. A player can redeem the ship for 1000 vouchers. Also, a player can exchange extra vouchers for marks. The Lukari ship is a science vessel. The new featured episode features our friend Kipleigh Brown as Kuumaarke.
Nick asks about Star Trek Beyond, which ushers all into Movie News territory. He wanted to know if Star Trek Beyond received any Academy Awards nominations. Mike recalls seeing articles for Costumes and Makeup, but forgot to grab links. However, Terry hasn’t followed it very closely this year.
They move onto this week’s Discussion Topic. This time, they examine the Captains’ drawbacks. Hence they go on in in-universe timeline order, beginning with Archer, followed by TOS Kirk. Also, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, and Kelvin-Kirk. In addition, they add sidelines for Pulaski, Dukat, The Prophets, and others. Check out the lively discussion.
Terry will be out of commission next week and does not plan to be here. Nick and Mike may have a guest join them. Mike briefly mentions the issues with their YouTube channel. They were reported to YouTube for Spam, Scam, and other violations of the Community Standards Policy. And they are disputing the allegations. It’s childish that someone would do this to us. They are fighting to get it back, and will return as soon as possible.
They wind up this week’s show, asking people to submit questions for Ask Dayton. He’ll answer the question when he can. Email us or leave us a voice mail with any topics you’d like them to debate or discuss on the show. Join them next week for an all new episode of the G & T Show.
G & T Show and BLB Productions News
- Semantic Shenanigans Episode 5 – Spoiled Passengers – http://www.semanticshenanigans.com/semantic-shenanigans-spoiled-passengers/
- First of all, Klingon Imperial Porter Beer Ready For Human Consumption – http://www.startrek.com/article/klingon-imperial-porter-beer-ready-for-human-consumption
- Star Trek Patches Paige Bomber – http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jirj/
- Star Trek Final Frontier Dress Shirt – http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/istu/
- Also, a Star Trek Glitter Lamp – http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jhik/
- Star Trek LT Uhura Plush – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-lt-uhura-plush/detail.php?p=1022981&v=startrek_gift-guide_gifts-for-her
- Star Trek LT Commander Scott Plush – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-lt-commander-scott-plush/detail.php?p=1022986&v=startrek_gift-guide_gifts-for-her
- In addition, a Star Trek Dr. McCoy Plush – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-dr-mccoy-plush/detail.php?p=1022976&v=startrek_gift-guide_gifts-for-her
- Amazon pushes Star Trek future with new Alexa wake word – https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/24/amazon-pushes-star-trek-future-with-new-alexa-wake-word/
- Also, Florida Hospital Waterman fighting hi-tech war on cancer – http://www.dailycommercial.com/news/20170125/florida-hospital-waterman-fighting-hi-tech-war-on-cancer
- Software as good as doctors at diagnosing skin cancer – http://www.arabnews.com/node/1044236/science-technology
- In addition, New NASA Spacesuit Looks Like Something Out of Star Trek (Video) – http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/27/new-nasa-spacesuit-looks-like-something-out-of-star-trek-video/
- First of all, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Writer Gary Whitta Would Like to Write for Star Trek – http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/01/24/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-writer-gary-whitta-would-like-to-wri/
- Star Trek’s Commander Riker to narrate Orchestra Performance – http://bungalower.com/2017/01/25/star-treks-commander-riker-narrate-orchestra-performance/
- Furthermore, Sundance Report: Anton Yelchin’s Final Films – https://www.yahoo.com/movies/sundance-report-anton-yelchins-final-films-020318655.html
- All of Trump’s Tweets are being redone as Star Trek: DS9’s Dukat – http://www.avclub.com/article/all-trumps-tweets-are-being-redone-star-trek-deep–249227
- In addition, Zachary Quinto to receive Oscar Wilde Award – https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0126/847999-zachary-quinto-to-receive-oscar-wilde-award/
- Telus Spark brings in new ‘Out of this world’ exhibit – http://www.660news.com/2017/01/27/telus-spark-brings-new-world-exhibit/
- Chabot Space & Science Center Presents Star Trek: 50 Artists. 50 Years – http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/Chabot-Space-Science-Center-Presents-STAR-TREK-50-ARTISTS-50-YEARS-23-19-20170128
- Finally, Star Trek: Roddenberry Foundation Prize will have Astronaut Mark Kelly As Judge – http://www.inquisitr.com/3928664/star-trek-roddenberry-foundation-prize-will-have-astronaut-mark-kelly-as-judge/
- Urban, Spiner, Dawson, More Set for Star Trek Las Vegas 2017 – http://www.startrek.com/article/urban-spiner-dawson-more-set-for-star-trek-las-vegas-2017
Potential Discussion Topics
- Star Trek Insurrection would have been a fine TV Episode – https://www.cultofwhatever.com/2017/01/star-trek-insurrection-would-have-been-a-fine-tv-episode/
- First of all, Star Trek video games that put you in control of the bridge – http://www.blastr.com/2017-1-24/star-trek-bridge-crew-video-games
- STO: Agents of Yesterday Launches on Consoles February 14th – http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/290053/Star_Trek_Online_Agents_of_Yesterday_Launches_on_ConsolesFebruary_14.php
- In addition, Undiscovered Lock Box and Lobi Ship Stats – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10359403-undiscovered-lock-box-and-lobi-ship-stats
- Star Trek Online: Season 12 – Reckoning Now Available – http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/290166/STAR_TREK_ONLINE_SEASON_12_ndash_RECKONING_NOWAVAILABLE.php
- Also, STO: Of Signs and Portents Week One Rewards – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10362883-of-signs-and-portents-week-one-rewards%21
- Star Trek Online: Welcome to the Seventh Anniversary – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10364703-welcome-to-the-seventh-anniversary
- Furthermore, STO: Fiction – All Our Crusades – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10363993-all-our-crusades
- Star Trek Online: Lukari Ho’kuun Science Vessel Stats – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10354933-lukari-ho%27kuun-science-vessel-stats
- STO: Featured Episode: Of Signs and Portents – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10359283-featured-episode%3A-of-signs-and-portents
- Finally, Star Trek: Timelines – Timelines to Release New Gauntlet Feature – http://www.startrek.com/article/timelines-to-release-new-gauntlet-feature
- A Capella Cover of The Star Trek: TNG Theme – http://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2017/01/26/capella-cover-star-trek-next-generation-theme/
- Benedict Cumberbatch’s Kahn Returns In Star Trek / Green Lantern #2 – http://nerdist.com/benedict-cumberbatchs-khan-returns-in-star-trekgreen-lantern-2-exclusive/
- Also, Lieutenant Barclay Returns In The Star Trek: TNG Mirror Universe Free Comic Book Day Title – https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01/27/lieutenant-barclay-returns-star-trek-next-generation-mirror-universe-free-comic-book-day-title/
- Kirk’s Brother Accused of Murder in IDW’s Sam – http://www.startrek.com/article/kirks-brother-accused-of-murder-in-idws-sam
- In addition, The Walking Dead: Sonequa Martin-Green on what her Star Trek role means for Sasha – http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/25/walking-dead-sonequa-martin-green-star-trek-discovery-sasha/
- Star Trek: Discovery Star Sonequa Martin-Green Will Remain a Regular on The Walking Dead – http://www.obsev.com/entertainment/star-trek-discovery-star-sonequa-martin-green-will-remain-regular-walking-dead.html
- Furthermore, Star Trek: Discovery Is Filming, Still Getting New Writers – https://www.inverse.com/article/27037-star-trek-discovery-edward-sullivan-new-writers-bryan-fuller
- Number One May Bridge The Gap Between Star Trek: DIS & TOS – https://moviepilot.com/p/star-trek-discovery-number-one-the-original-series/4196658
But, wait. There’s more.
He is the co-owner of Busy Little Beaver Productions and is the producer and co-host for G & T Show and Gates of Sto’vo’kor. He’s directed voice actors, and produced and edited audio podcasts and dramas because he doesn’t have the face for video. He plays well with others and is always on the look out for the next project, the next thing, the next next. If he wasn’t working on something with a half dozen other projects waiting in the wings, somebody please check to make sure he’s still breathing.
During the day, he’s a mild-mannered computer repair man who dabbles in web design in his small, rural, Central California community. He lives with his lovingly dysfunctional family and loyal canine companion and spends most of his time in the closet concocting some hair-brained scheme or another. He’s got an unhealthy obsession with Lego video games, Klingons, and Star Trek Online that borders on the neurotic.
Despite all this, he still finds the time to write the words. Find out what he's doing here.
Latest posts by Michael Medeiros (see all)
- G & T Show 280 – All Access to BLB Audio Productions Cereal - May 28, 2017
- Press Release – Hidden Universe Travel Guides: Star Trek: The Klingon Empire - May 23, 2017
- G & T Show 279 – Discovering The Orville Aliens - May 21, 2017