G & T Show 283 – The Federation After Sol’s Destruction
G & T Show 283 – The Federation After Sol’s Destruction is now available to download. Check it out here. Nick, Terry, and Mike are back. Steve is away enjoying Father’s Day with his family. This week they discuss Book, General, Product, Movie, and Gaming News. They touch on a few Fan Productions before jumping to this week’s discussion topic: What would happen to the Federation if Earth and everything in the Sol System were destroyed. Stay tuned to find out how the Federation would cope with Sol’s Destruction.
The Longest Night Watch
They begin this week’s show with introductions before jumping to this week’s Coffee Klatch. Nick joins them a little late, but in the meantime, Mike starts them off. He has signed on to participate in The Longest Night Watch Anthology Volume Three. All proceeds from the sales of the book benefit Alzheimer’s Research. He had a story published in Volume Two. He talks about that story, a work of fiction inspired by some true events. They liked it enough to have him back; so this year, he plans to write a science fiction story tentatively called Unstuck.
Terry mentions friend of the show Oren who lost her husband, William, a few weeks ago to Alzheimer’s. She asks everyone to support both Oren’s fundraiser for Alzheimer’s Research as well as The Longest Night Watch.
Big Dude And Lil Dudes
As Nick prepares to join them, Mike talks about The LEGO Adventures of Big Dude and Lil Dude. They recorded their first episode this weekend with two Lil Dudes instead of the prerequisite one Lil Dude. He thinks the episode went very well despite having to delete over an hour of game play due to the interference of adults. The video is in Ross’s hands and will be posted on Live Love Play sometime in the near future.
Terry didn’t do much this week except catch up on work before going to Nashville next week for a conference. She has eight speaking engagements scheduled and won’t have a lot of opportunity to catch up with friends in the area.
Nick joins them and they wish him a happy Father’s Day. He was at Awesome Con on Saturday. It was bigger and had a larger crowd than previous years. The Washington Convention Center is huge with a vendor’s area significantly larger than STLV’s. They have a gaming room with video games, table top gaming room, and several panel rooms. They had David Tennant, Felicia Day, Wil Wheaton, Stan Lee, John Barrowman, and Eliza Dushku. WWE pro-wrestler Charlotte had the longest line at the Con and was filled with little girls.
Mike asks if he managed to meet up with Mike Tripp while he was there. They were taking photos of the same things. Nick mentions that he did not meet him but did see a Facebook post that Tripp had seen him taking one of his photos but had not realized it was Nick.
Nick’s Con Experience
Nick goes on to discuss his experience with Awesome Con. He didn’t have any major issues with the con staff getting his Press Pass. The only problem he had was with his anxiety due to the number of people that were there. It got better once he got into the vendor’s area and some of the other larger rooms, where air circulation was a lot better. He mentions the weather in D.C. before discussing the costumes he saw there. Because of the condition of his knees, Nick won’t attend Awesome Con on Sunday.
Check out Nick’s Awesome Con photos in the slideshow below. The show notes continues after the jump.
This week, Nick also had to see a neurologist. They are trying to determine if he will have his spine fused. Mrs. Nick did not attend Awesome Con. In fact, she made him go, since he was considering missing it due to the rough week he had with the neurologist. He’s glad that he attended.
The Live Love Play Weekly Update
While Terry grabs some coffee, Mike kicks off the voice mail from Ross with this week’s Live Love Play Update. Without Steve, the sound effects and voice over will not be available. Getting Lost In Space’s second episode is available. The public release of Gods of Eukon episode five is up and the sixth episode is available to Patrons. He’s still live streaming games several times a week on Twitch. You can find his content on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Patreon, YouTube, Twitch, and VidMe.
The chatroom gets Mike all flustered for a few minutes. Once he regains control of himself, he talks about the Supplemental Log with Mike Schilling regarding Shore Leave is now live. He wishes he could go. It sounds like its an amazing convention.
Terry returns and congratulates Ross for all of his hard work with Live Love Play. She also congratulates Heath for becoming a Twitch Affiliate. She hopes the same thing will happen with Live Love Play and asks everyone to subscribe, Like, and Follow Live Love Play.
Star Trek: Continues
John De Lancie will be appearing in the next episode of Star Trek: Continues. Terry reminds everyone that most of STC’s episodes were already filmed when the Fan Film Guidelines were released. Nick is surprised that they have produced something with the money they received. Mike reminds everyone that this is their 9th episode of Star Trek: Continues. They are also a 501c3 non-profit organization. And, meanwhile, they are at S+18 waiting for Axanar’s script to be completed. STC has two more episodes still coming out after #9. After that, they will wrap up their production. De Lancie does not play Q in the next STC episode.
Mike draws attention to the Kirk and Crew VR / Cartoon Mash up. It’s a series of four short videos. Four Brits recorded the audio from their Star Trek: Bridge crew game. Then, they edited scenes from Star Trek: The Animated Series together and laid the audio over it. Mike thought it was absolutely hilarious and recommends everyone check it out. Terry loves that idea. She’s definitely going to check it out.
Trek Doctor Seuss Mash-up
ComicMix the group attempting to create a Star Trek / Doctor Seuss Mash-up book got a victory in court this week. Mike reads a quote from the article that includes a portion of the judge’s ruling. The Copyright claim against ComicMix was dismissed on the grounds of Fair Use, suggesting any other ruling would affect and destroy the emerging Mash-up culture. It is unknown at this time if the Doctor Seuss estate will be filing an appeal.
Mike thinks that it was a good point regarding Mash-up culture. He would hate to see Mash-ups go away. Terry points out that companies like Tee-Fury would be affected as well by a ruling against Mash-ups. Mike cracks a joke about crossing the streams, while Terry is looking forward to see how the estate proceeds by filing the appeal or letting it lie. She congratulates David Gerrold and ComicMix.
Other Fan Production News
They quickly touch on the 3D printed Phaser Rifle. It’s life sized (1:1 scale). Mike had passed the link over to Ross and figured other makers in their audience would be interested in it as well.
Another topic they quickly go over for fan productions is in regard to another Fan-created Star Trek spoof web series that has been going on for years. Voyage Trekkers is well into their second season and is looking to produce a pilot to shop around to NetFlix or Hulu.
Shore Leave With Mike Schilling
Terry has had a chance to listen to the Supplemental Log with Mike Schilling about Shore Leave 2017. She asks for some highlights. Nick runs through some of the big topics they discussed. There conversation was pretty focused on the convention, but it covered their current guest list, their history, Gene Roddenbunny, the volunteers and committee members and their efforts in putting on this fan-run convention. It was very interesting.
Nick jokes that if Mike Schilling, Keith R.A. DeCandido, and Larry Nemecek were put in a room together, they would be able to talk for hours. Mike points out that Schilling is passionate and knows his stuff when it comes to Shore Leave. He has been attending the convention since Shore Leave 8 and they are currently in their 39th year.
The convention has evolved over time based on what attendees were expecting from the convention experience. It began as a small fan-run Star Trek convention, but over the years, it has evolved to be so much more. Yet, it retains that small fan-run convention feel, despite having something for everyone. Terry is please to hear that they were able to talk with him. Shore Leave takes place on July 7th, 8th, and 9th. Their first Big Bang Theory will be in attendance.
Star Trek.com interviewed Dave Galanter. The article featured images of the Star Trek writers visiting the Star Trek Bridge Tour in Ticonderoga, New York. Nick gives the writer’s a hard time for repeatedly sharing their photos. He admits it’s because he’s jealous that they got to go. Terry liked the article. It was nice seeing what he’s been up to lately.
When Nick mentions Baz, Mike is reminded that they had received an email from Baz. He tracks it down. Terry continues with Book News. Simon and Schuster has three new audio books narrated by George Takei. The books feature Captain Sulu. Cacophony by J. J. Malloy, Envoy by L.A. Graf, and Transformations by Dave Stern can be yours for only $7.95 each. Mike is pleased they are going back and producing audio versions of older books. Terry is excited that audio books have started gaining ground with listeners.
The cover and synopsis for David R. George III’s new book Star Trek: DS9: Gamma: Original Sin has been released. Mike sends DefCon a shout out for keeping them in the know when it comes to book news. DefCon believes this is a new mini-series for DS9 featuring Captain Sisko and the crew of the Robinson.
Mark Twain Running For Congress
Moving onto General News, they begin with the announcement that JG Hertzler will run for Congress and will appear as Mark Twain for a few campaign stops. This confused Terry. They try to figure it out. Mike believes he is using the character as a means of drawing attention to specific issues. Terry thinks that this is a marketing trick, but it could be taken as he’s not serious about it and is trying to make a joke. It’s strange. He won his currently role by being himself. And, now, he’s running for Congress as a character. It doesn’t make a lot of sense. It’s disrespectful of the position.
Golden Girls Reboot
George Takei may be up for a role as one of the Gay older men in the Golden Girls Reboot series: Silver Foxes. They are currently trying to sell the show to Netflix or Hulu. The people involved in the table read were Bruce Vilanch, Leslie Jordan, Todd Sherry, and Cheri Oteri, but there is no confirmation for the official cast yet. Nick hopes Harvey Fierstein will get the role. The writers for this show also worked on Roseanne and Gilmore Girls. They hope that it will be picked up.
LeVar Burton Reads
LeVar Burton has launched a podcast where he reads a short story in each episode. It’s Reading Rainbow for adults. The goal is to share his love of literature with more people and encourage more people to take the time to pick up a book and read. The first episode of LeVar Burton Reads is now available with more episodes to quickly follow.
Nick takes a quick squirrel to point out that this summer, Battle of the Network Stars will return and The Gong Show reboot is happening. They discuss these two shows and what they mean in the current television landscape. Nick points out some of his issues with these shows. Mike notices most of the judges and other people involved are Saturday Night Live alums.
They quickly touch on some new products, beginning with the Travis Mayweather iPhone 7 soft case offered by Staples. QMx is now offering a TOS Captain’s Chair for their 1/6th scale TOS action figures. It includes bridge sounds and flashing lights. Mike wonders if this will be the first component in a build your own bridge set.
Mike talks about the Aussie Plumber that went to China for work and propositioned a police officer when his phone’s translation app mistranslated his greeting. So he created a better translator, a smartphone independent device that connects to cellular networks to interface with IBM’s Watson AI. Therefore, it can create more accurate translations. Lingmo supports eight languages with plans to include Arabic and Cantonese. It retails for $179 US.
Star Trek.com reports on a line of TNG collector pins from FanSets, including a Riker pin that excited Terry. The set includes Borg, Klingon, Picard, Riker, and Data. She wonders if the complete set will unlock something cool, since some of their other pins had an Augmented Reality feature.
Simon Pegg, MVP
For Movie News, they quickly discuss an article about Simon Pegg. In TOS, Spock, McCoy, and Kirk were the heart of that show. But, for the new iteration of Trek the heart of the films is Scotty and Simon Pegg’s role in the films. Not only does Pegg’s performance as Scotty make the films, his work writing Star Trek Beyond has made him the Most Valuable Person in the Kelvin Universe films.
Star Trek Online & Razer
Star Trek Online has signed a deal with Razer. Razer is known for creating gaming peripherals. If you play STO through their gaming client, you can earn three zSilver. This is their currency, for every minute of game play. Collect enough zSilver to redeem it for cool peripherals directly from Razer.
The Star Trek Online Summer event is going on right now. Check it out in game. Mike admits that he still hasn’t jumped back into the game. However, he has been playing Timelines. And in this weekend’s event, he was ranked 24th before showtime. It’s his best performance so far. He’s hoping to stay in the top 25 so he can get a pair of Qs.
The chatroom notes that JG Hertzler will be adding his voice to Star Trek. They are unsure what role he will play since Martok is dead, unless there is time travel. Another idea is that Martok’s son Drex may be the role. They are unsure exactly and are looking forward to learning more.
After some back and forth, they decide to discuss what would happen to the Star Trek Universe if Earth was destroyed. What would happen to the Prime Universe and the Federation with Sol’s destruction? Humanity would survive, but Earth, Starfleet Command, The Federation Council and President, Space Dock, Luna, Mars Orbital Shipyard, Jupiter Station and more would disappear with Sol’s destruction.
Starfleet’s Infrastructure Crisis
Terry doesn’t think that Starfleet Academy would have one campus and that it would only be on Earth. There must be other Academies elsewhere to prepare crew for Starfleet ships. Despite Sol’s destruction, the Academy would continue without the San Francisco branch. Nick explains various schools and disciplines currently in the military to help make his point that Sol’s Destruction could potentially affect more than Starfleet’s main campus.
Terry goes on to wonder with Sol’s destruction, would some colonies or Federation members rush to rebuild, or would some leave to go at it alone? Mike thinks there may be some that would try to go at it alone, but believes most Federation Worlds would act relatively quickly to reestablish the Federation’s government after Sol’s destruction.
Nick doesn’t think it would be that easy to rebuild after Sol’s destruction, since the show made it seem that every important aspect of the Federation’s military and government was centered on Earth. If that was the case, then, they would have nothing to build off of and would effectively be starting from scratch after Sol’s destruction.
Kick ’em While They’re Down
In case of Sol’s destruction, the neighboring species would not hesitate to act and attempt to conquer former Federation worlds. Cardassians, Romulans, and even the Klingons would move against the Federation claiming worlds. They would not give member worlds time to reorganize the government. Plus, many Federation worlds will be in shock over Sol’s destruction and unable to mobilize fast enough. Nick uses 911 as an example.
Without a firm hierarchy, the first thing they would have to do is figure out who is left, who wasn’t on Earth at the time of Sol’s destruction. Searching hundreds of light years for remnants of Starfleet and the Federation government will take time. Nick uses Battlestar Galactica as an example.
Terry doesn’t think that it would be so centralized that they would not have an emergency plan ready that for this eventuality. It would identify a place for survivors to regroup quickly in case of a worse case scenario like Sol’s destruction. She also believes that Earth was only the ceremonial head of the Federation, while the Administrative branches of the government were actually elsewhere within the Federation. Even with Sol’s destruction, she believes the Federation would still operate efficiently for some time.
Rebuilding the Federation
Mike thinks rebuilding the Federation would begin within a matter of days of Sol’s destruction. It’ll take time, but he believes elections would happen within a matter of weeks. Defense against encroachment from their neighbors will immediately fall to those admirals and captains in the regions under attack. Nick and Terry disagree with him that most Federation worlds would be eager to rebuild the alliance as quickly as possible. They think many people may consider independence rather than trying to rebuild from scratch everything lost in Sol’s destruction.
Nick points out that Andoria had seceded from the Federation in the novels. Mike counters that they came back once their grievances were properly addressed and resolved. Nick thinks some races would prefer local alliances to a large unwieldy bureaucracy. Under the Federation, all member worlds are independent. They gain their strength by allying together and sharing resources and technology. Their unity makes them strong.
Humanity gets credit in the books, movies, and series for being the glue that binds the Federation. After Sol’s destruction, humanity will remain, though it will not have a home base.
Terry talks about the movie First Contact, which talks about World War III and the loss of 600 million people, which was only 12% of the population of the world. That’s actually not a lot of people. The major cities were destroyed. Therefore, Cochrane lived in northern Montana. The survivors still had their knowledge and ability.
In the event of Sol’s destruction, everyone off world would still be able to carry on. Mike uses his own heritage as an example to illustrate his belief that by this point, the majority of humans will not be living on Earth but will be out among the stars. Specifically, he’s Portuguese and lives in California. Mike adds there are more Portuguese people living in California than in all of Portugal proper. He believes that the majority of humanity will survive Sol’s destruction and will be able to carry on in their stead to hold the Federation together. Terry and Nick agree.
The chatroom earlier suggested Russia as an example for some worlds splintering off to become independent nations. Terry and Nick describe Russia as the opposite of the Federation. Nations were forced to join the Soviet Union while the Federation didn’t force anyone. Every member world joined voluntarily. The Soviet Union fell because smaller nations wanted their independence. While some members may want to go their separate ways, Mike thinks most of them will want to remain members of the Federation after Sol’s destruction, especially if they treated their members fairly. Nick questions the idea of member worlds being treated fairly and points to the Maquis as an example.
In the aftermath of Hobus, the Federation aided the Romulan survivors. Nick and Terry are unsure if the Romulans would come to the aid of human survivors in the wake of Sol’s destruction. They did help in the Dominion War, but they would be playing an angle. With Garak in charge, the Cardassians would come to the Federation’s aid. The same could be said of the Klingons under Martok’s leadership and the Ferengi Alliance under Rom. However, the Ferengi will use it as an opportunity to earn a little profit from their efforts to aid human survivors after Sol’s destruction.
If Sol’s destruction came pre-DS9, there would be war on multiple fronts. However, in a post DS9 universe, most of the quadrant’s powers would come to humanity’s aid after Sol’s destruction. DS9 solidified this portion of the galaxy because a lot of its stories dealt with politics and diplomacy.
The New Maquis
Terry thinks that Sol’s destruction would provide a great storytelling opportunity. She thinks it would result in a reformation of the Maquis as more people unhappy with some of the Federation’s past decisions would unite to oppose it or form their own governments. They talk about the Maquis from DS9 and the new organization that would arise from Sol’s destruction.
Terry wants to see politics and intrigue in Star Trek: Discovery. She thinks it would be interesting to see how the relationship with the Klingons degenerated to all out war.
The conversation shifts back to Starfleet Academy and how the organization would have more than one campus. They discussion shifts to Melora and the difficulty her species has in standard 1G gravity. In Titan, she is allowed to do more because she’s able to adjust gravity or attend meetings as a hologram.
The Evolution of the Federation
Mike thinks that in the aftermath of Sol’s destruction, with the Federation reforming, the organization may decide to make some changes and evolve into something new, different from before. Perhaps even something that would welcome the Klingons and the Cardassians and the Ferengi. He mentions something Daniels had said in Enterprise regarding the organization he come from as being different than the Starfleet Archer knows. The Federation’s member worlds have certain autonomy, but members of the Khitomer Accords have even more. Perhaps the next iteration of the Federation would be based more on the Khitomer Accords than before.
The conversation degenerates into Tellarite chefs before jumping to Vulcan Bob Ross among other topics. Ultimately, they decide to wind down this week’s show. Mike has an email from Baz, which he summarizes quickly. Baz reviewed the Star Worlds textbook and offered some thoughts on it. Mike thanks Baz for the effort.
Next, Mike mentions once more the Supplemental Log interview with Mike Schilling about Shore Leave. Check it out below and start making your plans to attend Shore Leave.
Then, he asks everyone to support the other BLB Productions: including Semantic Shenanigans, Live Love Play, The O Sports Show, as well as the various audio productions and youtube content they have available. Also, keep an eye out for The LEGO Adventures of Big Dude and Lil Dude on Live Love Play.
Finally, this concludes this week’s episode of the G & T Show. Join them next week with an all new episode where they discuss the latest news from all around the Star Trek multiverse.
- G & T Show SL – Shore Leave 2017 with Mike Schilling – http://www.gandtshow.com/shoreleave-2017-mike-schilling/
- The Longest Night Watch Volume Two on Amazon – http://amzn.to/2tBUzKI
- News: Cover and Synopsis revealed for Deep Space Nine: Gamma – Original Sin by David R. George III – https://defcons-treklit.blogspot.de/2017/06/news-cover-and-synopsis-revealed-for.html
- Also, Catching Up With Trek Novelist Dave Galanter – http://www.startrek.com/article/catching-up-with-trek-novelist-dave-galanter
- Star Trek: New Visions is the weirdest tie-in comic around – https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/star-trek-new-visions-john-byrne/
- Captain Sulu Adventure: Trilogy narrated by George Takei – http://www.startrekbooks.com/c/star-trek-audiobooks-sulu-adventures
- DS9 Novel Original Sin Out This Fall – http://www.startrek.com/article/ds9-novel-original-sin-out-this-fall
- Star Trek: Discovery Producers Assures Series Is Written By Variety Of Hardcore Fans – http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/06/10/star-trek-discovery-writers-fans/
- In addition, Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Teases Easter Eggs – http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/06/14/star-trek-discovery-easter-eggs/
- Alex Kurtzman On How ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Blurs Line Between TV And Movies – http://trekmovie.com/2017/06/13/alex-kurtzman-on-how-star-trek-discovery-blurs-line-between-tv-and-movies/
- Remembering Leonard Nimoy looks at the full life and private struggle of a beloved actor – http://mashable.com/2017/06/17/remembering-leonard-nimoy-documentary/#0tpDlpiXEmqx
- Kirk and Crew Join the Star Trek VR Game With Let’s Play Cartoon Mashup – http://io9.gizmodo.com/kirk-and-crew-join-the-star-trek-vr-game-with-lets-play-1795997143
- A legal victory for the kickstarted Star Trek mashup censored by Dr Seuss’s estate – https://boingboing.net/2017/06/12/litigious-estates.html
- Also, This 3D printed Phaser Rifle from Star Trek is no scale model – http://www.htxt.co.za/2017/06/13/this-3d-printed-phaser-rifle-from-star-trek-is-no-scale-model/
- Orville who? The Star Trek parody you should be watching is already here – https://nerdvanamedia.com/television/star-trek-parody/119645/
- De Lancie To Appear In Star Trek Continues – https://www.trektoday.com/content/2017/06/de-lancie-to-appear-in-star-trek-continues/
- Why Can’t America Make Innovative Movies about the Future Anymore? – http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448504/science-fiction-cinemas-decline-failure-imagine-future-deserves-blame
- What if Khan from Star Trek was a good guy? – https://www.quora.com/What-if-Khan-from-Star-Trek-was-a-good-guy
- What would happen to the Star Trek universe if Earth was lost? – https://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2017/06/14/happen-star-trek-universe-earth-lost/
- Star Trek Actor Running for Congress As Mark Twain – http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/06/12/star-trek-hertzler-congress-mark-twain/
- LeVar Burton Is In No Mood to Be Disrespected by American Airlines – http://people.com/home/levar-burton-american-airlines-complaint-twitter/
- In addition, LeVar Burton of Reading Rainbow is now reading books to adults – http://www.3newsnow.com/entertainment/levar-burton-of-reading-rainbow-is-now-reading-books-to-adults
- The Golden Girls goes gay in reboot with Star Trek twist – https://hiddenremote.com/2017/06/17/tgolden-girls-goes-gay-reboot-with-star-trek-twist/
- Marlins vs. Mets at Star Trek Night – http://www.startrek.com/article/marlins-vs-mets-at-star-trek-night
- Also, Happy Picard Day: The Captain’s Finest Moments – http://www.startrek.com/article/happy-picard-day-the-captains-finest-moments
- Okuda Designs New NASA Flight Operations Emblem – http://www.startrek.com/article/okuda-designs-new-nasa-flight-operations-emblem
- Also, Sirtis Christens Operation Enterprise Opening – http://www.startrek.com/article/sirtis-christens-operation-enterprise-opening
- Official Star Trek Iconic Characters Ent Travis Mayweather Soft Gel Case For Apple Iphone 7 – https://www.staples.com/Official-Star-Trek-Iconic-Characters-Ent-Travis-Mayweather-Soft-Gel-Case-For/product_23994454
- @QMXInsider Announces Quantum Mechanix’s New #StarTrek Captain’s Chair Replica – http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/qmxinsider-announces-quantum-mechanixs-new-startrek-captains-chair-replica/
- Star Trek-Themed Notebook – https://www.trektoday.com/content/2017/06/star-trek-themed-notebook/
- Star Trek USS Enterprise Crew Members Polo – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-uss-enterprise-crew-members-polo/detail.php?p=1401263&v=startrek_featured-items
- The Ultimate Seat of Command – http://www.startrek.com/article/the-ultimate-seat-of-command
- Star Trek The Next Generation Facepalm T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-facepalm-t-shirt/detail.php?p=1265861&v=startrek_featured-items
- Star Trek Distressed Logo T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-distressed-logo-t-shirt/detail.php?p=384095&v=startrek_featured-items
- Futhermore, Check it out: Comic-Con Exclusive TOS Talking Spock Bobble Head – http://www.startrek.com/article/check-it-out-comic-con-exclusive-tos-talking-spock-bobble-head
- Star Trek The Next Generation Borg Collector’s Pin – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-borg-collectors-pin/detail.php?p=1041976&v=startrek_new-arrivals
- Also, Star Trek The Next Generation Klingon Collector’s Pin – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-klingon-collectors-pin/detail.php?p=1041961&v=startrek_new-arrivals
- U.S.S. Enterprise Refit (Repaint) – http://www.startrek.com/article/u-s-s-enterprise-refit-repaint
- Star Trek The Next Generation Riker Collector’s Pin – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-riker-collectors-pin/detail.php?p=1041941&v=startrek_new-arrivals
- Star Trek The Next Generation Captain Picard Collector’s Pin – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-captain-picard-collectors-pin/detail.php?p=1041936&v=startrek_new-arrivals
- In addition, Aussie Plumber Brings Star Trek’s Universal Translator To Life – https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/06/aussie-plumber-brings-star-trek-to-life/
- Star Trek The Next Generation Lt Commander Data Collector’s Pin – http://shop.startrek.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-lt-commander-data-collectors-pin/detail.php?p=1041911&v=startrek_new-arrivals
- Check it out: Comic-Con Exclusive TOS Talking Spock Bobble Head – http://www.startrek.com/article/check-it-out-comic-con-exclusive-tos-talking-spock-bobble-head
- Star Trek: Spock San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Collectible Revealed – http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/06/14/star-trek-spock-bobble-head/
- Simon Pegg Is Star Trek’s Secret MVP – http://decider.com/2017/06/17/simon-pegg-is-star-treks-secret-mvp/
- Finally, get Razer Rewards for playing Star Trek Online – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10538533-get-razer-rewards-for-playing-star-trek-online%21
But, wait. There’s more.
He is the co-owner of Busy Little Beaver Productions and is the producer and co-host for G & T Show and Gates of Sto’vo’kor. He’s directed voice actors, and produced and edited audio podcasts and dramas because he doesn’t have the face for video. He plays well with others and is always on the look out for the next project, the next thing, the next next. If he wasn’t working on something with a half dozen other projects waiting in the wings, somebody please check to make sure he’s still breathing.
During the day, he’s a mild-mannered computer repair man who dabbles in web design in his small, rural, Central California community. He lives with his lovingly dysfunctional family and loyal canine companion and spends most of his time in the closet concocting some hair-brained scheme or another. He’s got an unhealthy obsession with Lego video games, Klingons, and Star Trek Online that borders on the neurotic.
Despite all this, he still finds the time to write the words. Find out what he's doing here.
Latest posts by Michael Medeiros (see all)
- G & T Show 283 – The Federation After Sol’s Destruction - June 18, 2017
- G & T Show SL – ShoreLeave 2017 with Mike Schilling - June 13, 2017
- G & T Show 282 – Typecasting Star Trek Actors - June 11, 2017