G & T Show 294 – Television’s Old Busted vs New Hotness
G & T Show 294 – Television’s Old Busted vs New Hotness is now available to download. Check it out here. Nick, Terry, and Mike have returned for an all new episode of the G & T Show discussing the latest news from around the Star Trek multi-verse. This week they discuss Unofficial Productions with their analysis of The Orville. Also, they examine Product, Television, Gaming, General, Book, and Convention News.
Additionally, they dive into CBS All Access and Network Television in their discussion of Television’s Old Busted vs New Hotness. The theme is revisited again when they discuss Quentin Tarantino’s desire to direct a Star Trek film. That would be remake of a classic Trek episode. It leads them to speculate what other directors with unique filmmaking visions could do for a Star Trek movie. All this and more is in this week’s episode of the G & T Show. Check it out and join in the fun of Television’s Old Busted vs New Hotness.
Last Week On G & T
After introductions, they jump straight into Coffee Klatch. First, Nick has worked a lot this week. He’s enjoying the new job and the people he’s working with. He saw The Hitman’s Bodyguard but enjoyed the chemistry. They are going to see IT today. Terry couldn’t get through the book.
Then, Mike worked a bunch and has been making some progress on the campaign. He keeps remembering to add things, such as activities for Mario. He’s trying to get them to do things they haven’t done before such as stay on the ship and use support crew to help with tasks.
Finally, Terry also worked a lot. Claims from Hurricane Irma are starting to come in. All of her team is in Florida and she is the home front assisting them. Her golf tournament party was last night. They were drinking and partying late last night.
Salt Lake Comic Con
First, they begin with the old busted vs new hotness. Nick will not be here next week. He will be at Salt Lake Comic Con. He hopes to do a Facebook Live from the Convention floor for the G & T Show if he can. He’s looking forward to meeting the actress who plays Electra. This spurs Mike into making strange sounds. Nick shares some of the guests that will be attending. Some of the highlights for him include Dick Van Dyke, Corbin Bernsen, and John Barrowman. But there are a lot of guests most people don’t get to see at different conventions.
Also, Robert Reyes attended the Star Trek Chicago convention with Five Year Mission last weekend. Terry mentions the photo of Robert in the car with the whole band. They appeared to have such a good time.
Frakes’ Big Boo-Boo
Then, old busted vs new hotness continues with some news regarding Discovery. During the Chicago convention, Jonathan Frakes may have made a big mistake when he revealed something about Star Trek Discovery during the TNG panel. Fark from Five Year Mission was the first to tweet it. But it was followed by several other people tweeting the same thing from the convention. Trek Movie picked up on it and later spoke with Fark about it. So, before going any further, Mike calls for a spoiler alert.
Frakes mentioned that there will be a Mirror Universe episode in Discovery. Nick isn’t surprised by it. Mike thinks that it is too soon for a Mirror Universe episode as they won’t have a lot of time to get to know the characters. Nick points out that over 15 episodes you can know the characters well if the writing is good. There’s no indication that it won’t be well written.
Then, on old busted vs new hotness, Nick asks about the format of Discovery. Will it be formatted similarly to network television with breaks for commercials? Mike points out that there is a CBS All Access subscription plan to remove the ads. But, they do believe it has television ad breaks for the initial network broadcast as well as the basic subscription ad breaks.
CBS All Access Affiliate
Next on old busted vs new hotness, Terry, Nick, and Mike attended the All Access webinar this week. They got some good info about Discovery and All Access. It premieres in one week on Sunday September 24th at 8:30pm / 7:30pm Central. The first episode will premiere on CBS before moving to All Access with the second episode and the after show Talking Trek.
The chatroom shares the picture of Robert with Five Year Mission. Nick mentions Mike’s new band, Amish Mug Shots.
Then, for old busted vs new hotness, Terry talks about the media embargo CBS has on reviews of Star Trek Discovery. People are concerned that it means the show isn’t good. Instead, they are trying to avoid spoilers and keep the story under wraps. At least until Frakes opened his mouth. Frakes just bought a new house too. Oops. They hope that he doesn’t get into a lot of trouble for it.
Meanwhile, embargoes are not uncommon in today’s day and age. However, it is more common in the video game industry. Terry talks about her time at Massively and the embargoes they had to adhere to. This was in order to test some of the games that were still in development.
Then, they segue over to Orville on old busted vs new hotness as the conversation about the embargo continues. Based on the reviews, Terry was prepared to dislike it. She laughed and enjoyed it but thought it could have been funnier. Mike also enjoyed it. He laughed, he smiled, he squealed at the Easter eggs. He wants to see the second episode and hopes that it improves. Nick has not seen The Orville. The reviewers did the show a disservice. Then, Mike thinks people had unrealistic expectations about the show. It’s not a parody as an homage in the form of a dramedy scifi show. Next, they focus on what worked and what didn’t work for them. This was while referencing MASH and Hill Street Blues along the way.
Old Busted Vs New Hotness
Then, Mike sets up a shot and Nick drives it home on old busted vs new hotness to segue to a discussion of Network TV, specifically ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox. Network have some stations that they own and operate, but the majority of them are affiliate stations. Affiliates can choose to air some shows except for some must-airs that they are contractually obligated to air.
Then, Nick talks about NBC and Jay Leno and the issues it presented for its affiliates. Lead-ins that suck usually affect everything that follows it. At the time, NBC was owned by General Electric, while ABC is owned by Disney, and CBS is their own company. GE tried to run NBC like any other division they own. Comcast understood content creation and when they purchased NBC, they were able to handle the company much better, knowing that television requires huge upfront costs for a chance to make it up on the back end.
The subscription model allows for shows to be paid for upfront. It allows programs that would normally never be made, or those that very costly to create to see the light of day. Subscriptions also don’t have to worry about ratings for segments by demographic in the same way that network television does. However, Mike points out that Netflix is able to glean ever more specific details from the shows streamed on their service than networks could ever get, including at what a moment a person switches the show off. Then, networks can determine what works but its much more generalized.
Also, Networks have only started to understand DVRs and the inclination for people to record a show and view it on a different night or in batches. Streaming understands these viewing habits all too well.
CBS All Access
Then, Nick transitions old busted vs new hotness to talk about everything that’s available on the streaming service. A subscription to All Access doesn’t just get you Star Trek Discovery, but also everything CBS has ever produced. That includes a number of shows that had aired on other networks.
Additionally, Disney is planning a streaming service and Nick thinks it is going to work in much the same way. Not only are you getting whatever new content Disney creates for the service but also everything that they include on it from Marvel, Star Wars, Buena Vista, Touchstone, and everything else that they own.
DVD & Blu-Ray
If you don’t want to subscribe to CBS, you don’t have to, but it also does not entitle you to bitch that you can’t see it with everyone else.
Next on old busted vs new hotness, Mike asks if Discovery will eventually appear on DVD. They think it will. However, Nick mentions that the Marvel Netflix shows are not on DVD. Netflix wants people to keep subscribing and keep using their service to view the shows. For them, it doesn’t make sense to put them on DVD. Then, Terry thinks that the first chapter DVDs for Discovery will be made available by Christmas of next year and it will include all of the extras and bloopers that people expect from Star Trek.
The Most Documented Series
Then for old busted vs new hotness, Mike shares his thoughts on how well the show is being documented. Star Trek has a history of being documented. Larry Nemecek was a historian that documented TNG, DS9, and the other series. Mike thinks that Discovery is being documented like no other series has before.
Nick thinks that Star Trek is a different animal than most series. Alot of other shows don’t have the same level of documentation that Star Trek has. He discusses Law and Order. It was the format that made the show not the stars. In fact the show made the stars.
What & Where To Watch
Next on old busted vs new hotness, Terry lists some of the shows currently available on CBS All Access. Not only are CBS shows available there, but so are many others that were produced by CBS Studios but aired on other networks including Cheers among others. Star Trek: Discovery premieres on September 24th. Sign up to watch it on CBS All Access.
Then, the chatroom mentions that the All Access App on their smart TV doesn’t include previous seasons of a show and their library, though it is fully available online. Mike points out that it’s a limitation of the platform. He’s seen that with Netflix, Amazon, and other services. The smart tv doesn’t have the storage and interactivity that other platforms offer.
He uses Netflix as an example. Through it, he has separate subaccounts for all of his family members. They are all available on the Roku, through a browser, and many other platforms. However, when he views Netflix on their smart TV, all of the accounts are gone and a general one is displayed along with a smaller library. Nick has noticed that with Amazon. It’s a limitation of the platform. They think it will work itself out in the future. Terry clarifies that other platforms should have the full library since they do not have the same limitations as smart tv apps have. Regardless of platform, everyone should be able to view Discovery.
Additionally, local NFL games and news are now available on All Access. Its based on IP not on team or city of preference.
The Jazz man
Next, Nick speaks cryptically about some disparaging remarks he received regarding the show. Terry and Mike had no idea what he was talking about. Mike tries to change the subject to TrekGeeks and wishes Dan a Happy Birthday. Meanwhile, Nick plays a message that the Jazz Man left for them on his voice mail.
Then, while Nick tries to remember the discussion topic he had planned for old busted vs new hotness, Mike chimes in with a discussion topic regarding an interview with Quentin Tarantino. In the interview, Tarantino discussed his love of Star Trek and his desire to direct a Star Trek film. He wanted to remake certain Trek films into full length features, specifically The City on the Edge of Forever. Terry would like to see himself step outside of his comfort zone if he were to do it. Mike thinks it would be interesting for it to go both ways. A Trek film being turned into a series. This is specifically The Undiscovered Country. And then, a Trek episode expanded into a full film. Tarantino didn’t like Into Darkness either.
He wondered what other directors that are out of the box for Trek would be interesting to see take on Trek. They mention a few options. These include Christopher Nolan, Robert Zemeckis, Ridley Scott, and M. Night Shyamalan. And also Guillermo Del Toro, Alfonso Cuarón, and James Kerwin. They loved what Justin Lin did with Star Trek. He had to right the ship after Into Darkness. It leads them to discuss the Bad Robot guys. They add a few other directors to their list, including Chris Carter, Seth MacFarlane, Kevin Smith, and Steven Spielberg, among others.
Star Trek Continues
Next, Nick wanted to discuss Star Trek Continues on old busted vs new hotness. He praises the writing, the acting, and all of so much more about their latest episode. It dealt with immigration among other topics. It did it from different viewpoints. Nick appreciated the use of black and white in the episode. It was their favorite episode so far. Rod Roddenberry wishes STC could continue. But with the fan film guidelines that is impossible. They also discuss the previous episode as well briefly. Cumulatively, they have touched on the look, feel, and storytelling of the original series. They are setting up their finale which is supposed to wind down TOS and set up The Motion Picture. They have one more episode in two parts.
A Few More Links
Then, for old busted vs new hotness, Terry touches on a few of the product news included this week. This includes the Star Trek Discovery uniform T-shirts. Mike comments about how they look wrinkled. Terry states that the look is intentional. She discusses it briefly. Some people were disappointed by their appearance. This is because they thought there was something wrong with the print. However, it was meant to look that way.
Then, she mentions some of the new Eaglemoss ships. She is looking forward to the Titan. Also, she congratulates David Mack for getting the cover to his Titan novel fixed since they had used the wrong ship in the cover art. Nick wants to see the Discovery cover again. They discuss the pose once again and are disappointed that heroine poses tend to be this way. Sonequa Martin Green is a beautiful woman and it was something that was not easily seen in The Walking Dead.
To Mike, the over the shoulder ass shot reminds him of a come hither kind of look. However, Supergirl seems to be excluded from the pose. Terry attributes that to the logo on her chest. For Green, they should show the Delta on her chest rather than her ass. They blame clueless marketing and PR people. So the pose has become cliche and trope-y.
Next on old busted vs new hotness, Nick has some trivia that came to mind based on some recent news. Doctor Who’s Peter Capaldi once audition for DS9 to play Sisko. Obviously, he did not get he role. However, Nick states goes on with his trivia question about Capaldi. He was once in a punk band with Craig Furgeson.
Then, Terry has another link she wanted to touch on for old busted vs new hotness. An arrest had been made on the murder of Charles Dicely, the actor that worked at Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. He was murdered three years ago. Dicely’s son moved a table and discovered the bullet. Forensics was able to link the bullet to a gun and arrested a woman for the crime. They hope that this helps Dicely’s friends, family, and coworkers finally get some justice.
Next, they discuss the passing of world’s best known Spock impersonator. Nick, Terry, and Mike all panicked about the news thinking that it was the Paul Spock, the Spock impersonator that they know from Vegas. it turns out that it was another gentleman from the UK who had been impersonating Spock for the last 20 or 30 years. The article was from a UK source which probably influenced the headline. However, for the US, Paul Spock is the Spock impersonator that that is the most famous in the world, especially over the last several years.
Additionally, Mike quickly touches on a few links regarding gaming news for old busted vs new hotness. First, for Star Trek Adventures, they have just released the pdf for These Are the Voyages Vol. One which features some new story missions to play with the Star Trek Adventures RPG. Plus the book version will be available later. Also, there’s a Kickstarter for a new drinking game called Drinking Quest that features a bonus card set that is a Star Trek parody called Bar Trek.
Then, Nick mentions 24 Hours of G & T. He wants to do a Star Trek Dating Game. Terry’s not sure if it would work. it would have to be a video show rather than an audio show.
Next, iO9 had some nice things to say about STO. Specifically, if people want something further in the future than Discovery, Star Trek Online takes place fifty years or so after Nemesis. Also, Beyond the Nexus is available now. Mike has not played it yet. In addition, STO might become available on Nintendo Switch in the future.
Huh? Most Rewatched Trek
Then, old busted vs new hotness continues. There’s an article on the recently released numbers on the most rewatched episodes of Star Trek on Netflix. They were shocked and surprised by the majority of the list. Most of the episodes were TNG and Voyager with no entries for DS9, Enterprise, TOS, and TAS. Nick thinks it’s a lot of people discovering Voyager. Terry thinks a lot of Voyager fans avoid the stigma associated with Voyager by watching it at home on Netflix. They are specifically watching these episodes.
Next, Nick honors Frank Vincent’s passing this week. He was 80 years old. Terry sends regards to Harry Dean Stanton, who passed away this week as well.
Finally, they wind down this week’s episode of the G & T Show’s Television’s Old Busted vs New Hotness. Mike needs to find time to plan for 24 Hours of G & T. Terry has one set of codes for a Galaxy Bundle and a Geordi LaForge Bridge Officer. Join them next week for an all new episode of the G & T Show. Finally, Nick will be away at Salt Lake Comic Con, but Terry and Mike will be here.
- First of all, Short news: Second Prometheus book gets release date, Architects of Infinity delayed again, Titan cover pulled, ENT annotations – https://defcons-treklit.blogspot.de/2017/09/short-news-second-prometheus-book-gets.html
- Exclusive: Interview with IDW’s ‘Star Trek The Next Generation: Mirror Universe’ Team! [SPOILERS] – https://www.lootcrate.com/community/daily-crate/exclusive-interview-with-idws-star-trek-the-next-generation-mirror-universe-team-spoilers/
- Star Trek: Enterprise: Rise of the Federation: Patterns of Interference Review – https://www.trektoday.com/content/2017/09/star-trek-enterprise-rise-of-the-federation-patterns-of-interference-review/
- Finally, EXCLUSIVE: BLAST INTO TITAN BOOKS’ NEW STAR TREK: TNG POSTER ART BOOK – http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/heres-a-peek-at-titan-books-new-star-trek-tng-episode-poster-art-book
- First of all, Roddenberry’s PICARD DESK CRYSTAL PROP REPLICA – https://shop.roddenberry.com/collections/tng-30th-anniversary/products/picard-desk-crystal-prop-replica?variant=42800701068
- CHECK IT OUT: Darmok-Style Picard Uniform Jacket – http://www.startrek.com/article/check-it-out-darmok-style-picard-uniform-jacket
- Trek Boldly – https://www.welovefine.com/trek-boldly-15342.html
- HANDS-ON: FanSets STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Pins, Wave 1 – http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/09/hands-on-fansets-star-trek-discovery-pins-wave-1/
- Norway Class Cruiser Starship Model – https://shop.eaglemoss.com/star-trek-official-starship-collection/norway-class-cruiser-starship-model
- Romulan Bird-of-Prey Starship Model – https://shop.eaglemoss.com/star-trek-official-starship-collection/romulan-bird-of-prey-starship-model
- Burnham, Voq & Sarek FanSets Pins Ready for Launch – http://www.startrek.com/article/burnham-voq-sarek-fansets-pins-ready-for-launch
- Star Trek Discovery Operations Uniform Costume Long Sleeve T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK096/star-trek-discovery-operations-uniform-costume-long-sleeve-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- In addition, Discovery Operations Uniform Costume T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK097/star-trek-discovery-operations-uniform-costume-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- Star Trek Discovery Operations Uniform Costume Junior Slim Fit T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK098/star-trek-discovery-operations-uniform-costume-junior-slim-fit-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- Discovery Command Uniform Costume Long Sleeve T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK099/star-trek-discovery-command-uniform-costume-long-sleeve-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- Star Trek Discovery Command Uniform Costume T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK100/star-trek-discovery-command-uniform-costume-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- Discovery Command Uniform Costume Junior Slim Fit T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK101/star-trek-discovery-command-uniform-costume-junior-slim-fit-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- Star Trek Discovery Science Uniform Costume Long Sleeve T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK102/star-trek-discovery-science-uniform-costume-long-sleeve-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- In addition, Discovery Science Uniform Costume T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK103/star-trek-discovery-science-uniform-costume-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- Star Trek Discovery Science Uniform Costume Junior Slim Fit T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK104/star-trek-discovery-science-uniform-costume-junior-slim-fit-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- Discovery Medical Uniform Costume Long Sleeve T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK105/star-trek-discovery-medical-uniform-costume-long-sleeve-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- Star Trek Discovery Medical Uniform Costume T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK106/star-trek-discovery-medical-uniform-costume-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- Discovery Medical Uniform Costume Junior Slim Fit T-Shirt – http://shop.startrek.com/product/ZVCTSTK107/star-trek-discovery-medical-uniform-costume-junior-slim-fit-tshirt?cp=67928_82904
- United Federation Thermal Long Sleeve Shirt – http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/kghl/
- Star Trek Enterprise Thermal Long Sleeve Shirt – http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/kghk/
- Plus, Star Trek Ships Lounge Pants – http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jssg/
- Picard Facepalm T-Shirt – http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/kiug/
- Federation Holoship Starship Model – https://shop.eaglemoss.com/star-trek-official-starship-collection/federation-holoship-starship-model
- Voth Research Vessel Starship Model – https://shop.eaglemoss.com/star-trek-official-starship-collection/voth-research-vessel-starship-model
- Vulcan Surak Class Starship Model – https://shop.eaglemoss.com/star-trek-official-starship-collection/vulcan-surak-class-starship-model
- Gorn Starship Model – https://shop.eaglemoss.com/star-trek-official-starship-collection/gorn-starship-model
- STAR TREK: The Official Patch Collection — United Federation of Planets Pennant (Patch 1 of 4: Wave 2 Release) – https://www.anovos.com/products/star-trek-the-official-patch-collection-ufp-penant
- Finally, STAR TREK: The Official Patch Collection Wave 1 – https://www.anovos.com/collections/the-wrath-of-khan/products/star-trek-patch-collection-wave-1
- First of all, Listen to a Preview of Star Trek: Discovery’s Main Title Theme – http://www.treknews.net/2017/09/12/star-trek-discovery-main-title-theme/
- Star Trek: Discovery’s Opening Theme Pays Homage to Show’s History – https://www.tor.com/2017/09/14/star-trek-discoverys-opening-theme-pays-homage-to-shows-history/
- Discovery’s Theme Takes Cue From The Past – http://www.startrek.com/article/discoverys-theme-takes-cue-from-the-past
- In addition, Star Trek: Discovery preview scene has a Klingon encounter – http://nerdist.com/star-trek-discovery-klingon-clip-sonequa-martin-green/
- Discovery Launches with Special Broadcast Premiere on CBS – http://www.tvweeklynow.com/news-blogs/news-blogs-RicksPicks/star-trek-discovery-launches-with-special-broadcast-premiere-on-cbs.htm
- New Star Trek: Discovery Bridge Set Tour Video, Plus: Interview Roundup & Review Embargo Details – http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/09/new-star-trek-discovery-bridge-set-tour-video-plus-interview-roundup-review-embargo-details/
- CBS Won’t Allow Any Reviews of Star Trek: Discovery Before It Airs – http://io9.gizmodo.com/cbs-wont-allow-any-reviews-of-star-trek-discovery-befo-1809073782
- See Star Trek: Discovery Props Go From Sketch To Build – http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/news/1007570/see-star-trek-discovery-props-go-from-sketch-to-build/
- A Day on the Discovery Sets – http://www.startrek.com/article/a-day-on-the-discovery-sets
- INTERVIEW: Discovery Showrunner Aaron Harberts – http://www.startrek.com/article/interview-discovery-showrunner-aaron-harberts
- Plus, INTERVIEW: Discovery Showrunner Aaron Harberts, Part 2 – http://www.startrek.com/article/interview-discovery-showrunner-aaron-harberts-part-2
- WATCH: We Embrace the Unknown – http://www.startrek.com/article/watch-we-embrace-the-unknown
- Jason Isaacs Talks Discovery, Genre Roles & More – http://www.startrek.com/article/jason-isaacs-talks-discovery-genre-roles-more
- WATCH: Shenzhou Set Built from the Ground Up – http://www.startrek.com/article/watch-shenzhou-set-built-from-the-ground-up
- Michelle Yeoh Sheds Light on Captain Georgiou, Discovery – http://www.startrek.com/article/michelle-yeoh-sheds-light-on-captain-georgiou-discovery
- Sonequa Martin-Green Talks Discovery – http://www.startrek.com/article/sonequa-martin-green-talks-discovery
- Klingon Sarcophagus Ship Secrets Revealed in New Star Trek: Discovery Producer Interview – http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/09/klingon-sarcophagus-ship-secrets-revealed-in-new-star-trek-discovery-producer-interview/
- Finally, Is New Star Trek Series an Anti-Trump, Anti-Racist Allegory? CBS Says No – https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/melissa-mullins/2017/09/11/new-star-trek-series-anti-trump-allegory-cbs-says-no
- Fandoms galore at Salt Lake Comic Con 2017 – http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/fandoms-galore-at-salt-lake-comic-con-2017/807411482
- First of all, Seth MacFarlane’s The Orville sets off for a humorless (and lifeless) void – https://durangoherald.com/articles/182968-seth-macfarlanes-the-orville-sets-off-for-a-humorless-and-lifeless-void
- Seth MacFarlane’s The Orville Is a Shameless, Humorless Star Trek Rip-Off – http://www.thedailybeast.com/seth-macfarlanes-the-orville-is-a-shameless-humorless-star-trek-rip-off
- Will The Orville Hurt Star Trek: Discovery’s Ratings? – http://www.hybridnetworkyt.com/will-orville-hurt-star-trek-discoverys-ratings/
- All The Star Trek Easter Eggs In The Orville Premiere – http://comicbook.com/startrek/2017/09/12/the-orville-star-trek-easter-eggs/#1
- Orville Season 1 Premiere: The Most Honest Take On Star Trek Since Galaxy Quest – https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/10/orville-season-1-premiere-honest-take-star-trek-since-galaxy-quest/
- Furthermore, Kickstarter – Drinking Quest: Liquor Before Honor – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drinkingquest/drinking-quest-liquor-before-honor?ref=creator_nav
- 3D Printable – Remix Star Trek Enterprise E 4-feet – https://www.thingiverse.com/make:382120
- Plus, 3D Printable – Star Trek Constitution class series 1:2000 – https://www.thingiverse.com/make:381852/
- Black Mirror Star Trek Spoof – https://www.trektoday.com/content/2017/09/black-mirror-star-trek-spoof/
- So You Want to Watch a Star Trek Parody TV Show, Huh? – http://observationdeck.kinja.com/so-you-want-to-watch-a-star-trek-parody-tv-show-huh-1805654907
- 3D Printable – https://www.thingiverse.com/Tobias_Knight/collections/startrek – https://www.thingiverse.com/Tobias_Knight/collections/startrek
- In addition, 3D Printable – Star Trek – https://www.thingiverse.com/sarahbru17/collections/star-trek
- First of all, The Best Look at the Future of the Star Trek Universe Comes From a Video Game – http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-best-look-at-the-future-of-the-star-trek-universe-c-1811171544
- Star Trek Adventures – These are the Voyages Volume 1 warps in – https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?815863-Star-Trek-Adventures-These-are-the-Voyages-Volume-1-warps-in
- Star Trek Online team says, “Never say never” to Switch version – https://gonintendo.com/stories/290316-star-trek-online-team-says-never-say-never-to-switch-version
- Announcing the Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding – http://www.startrek.com/article/announcing-the-dranuur-colony-fleet-holding
- Beyond the Nexus Week 1 Reward! – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10638254-beyond-the-nexus-week-1-reward%21
- Allied Flight Deck Cruisers Stats! – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10638324-allied-flight-deck-cruisers-stats%21
- The Allied Flight Deck Cruiser Bundle! – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10637404-the-allied-flight-deck-cruiser-bundle%21
- Finally, New Featured Episode: “Beyond the Nexus” – http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10630874-new-featured-episode%3A-%22beyond-the-nexus%22
- What Kind Of Star Trek Movie Quentin Tarantino Would Like To Make – http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1703249/what-kind-of-star-trek-movie-quentin-tarantino-would-like-to-make
- Woman is arrested for the murder of Star Trek: The Experience actor after victim’s son finds fatal bullet in a table four years after the shooting – http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4888306/Las-Vegas-woman-arrested-murder-Star-Trek-ride-actor.html
- Takei To Guest Star In Comedy – https://www.trektoday.com/content/2017/09/takei-to-guest-star-in-comedy/
- SSS #10 – 14 Days of Star Trek Giveaway – https://www.scifibloggers.com/sss-10-14-days-of-star-trek-giveaway/
- Star Trek’s Chris Pine to star as Bobby Kennedy on Hulu – https://www.irishcentral.com/culture/star-trek-s-chris-pine-to-star-as-bobby-kennedy-on-hulu
- HEAR AUDI RECREATE POPULAR TV THEME SONGS WITH ENGINE SOUNDS – http://www.motortrend.com/news/hear-audi-recreate-popular-tv-theme-song-with-engine-sounds/
- Star Trek: Netflix reveals the most rewatched episodes – http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/star-trek/51938/star-trek-netflix-reveals-the-most-rewatched-episodes
- How Star Trek Makes Me a Better Teacher – http://www.womenatwarp.com/how-star-trek-makes-me-a-better-teacher/
- Star Trek’s Robert Picardo belts out Cassini farewell song – https://www.cnet.com/news/star-trek-cassini-robert-picardo-song-nasa-saturn-planetary-society-video/
But, wait. There’s more.
He is the co-owner of Busy Little Beaver Productions and is the producer and co-host for G & T Show and Gates of Sto’vo’kor. He’s directed voice actors, and produced and edited audio podcasts and dramas because he doesn’t have the face for video. He plays well with others and is always on the look out for the next project, the next thing, the next next. If he wasn’t working on something with a half dozen other projects waiting in the wings, somebody please check to make sure he’s still breathing.
During the day, he’s a mild-mannered computer repair man who dabbles in web design in his small, rural, Central California community. He lives with his lovingly dysfunctional family and loyal canine companion and spends most of his time in the closet concocting some hair-brained scheme or another. He’s got an unhealthy obsession with Lego video games, Klingons, and Star Trek Online that borders on the neurotic.
Despite all this, he still finds the time to write the words. Find out what he's doing here.
Latest posts by Michael Medeiros (see all)
- G & T Show 300 – Groovy Sarek Visions And Other Stranger Things - October 29, 2017
- G & T Show 299 – You Say Eugenics, I Say Portobello - October 22, 2017
- Resignation - October 18, 2017