Terilynn’s Trek FanFic Contest!!!
As Terilynn announced during Episode #16 – She’s holding a very special contest – open to all of our listeners!
What can you win? Why a THE STAR TREK ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE collection on BLU-RAY dics!
This set includes Blu-ray dics of:
Star Trek: The Voyage Home
Star Trek: The Final Frontier
Star Trek: The Captains‘ Summit
What do you have to do to win this amazing prize? Impress the woman herself – Terilynn!
She would like you to post a short-story Star Trek fan-fiction on our very own forums here at GandTShow.com (click on Forums above, if you’ve never posted there before you will be asked to register.)
Here are the rules:
- The main character must be original. You are free to use your Star Trek Online character or any other character of your OWN creation.
- The story should be about how that character was either inspired by or learned an important lesson from any TOS character (any character featured in the television series or the films!) and used that lesson to his/her/its advantage. (FYI – JJ Abrams’ movie will NOT count – this is a contest about the original series and the movies.)
- You can set your story in any time period and universe. You prefer to write in STO timeline? Great! You want to play in the Mirror Universe or an alternate universe? Those are good too – as long as it doesn’t involved the ‘JJverse’ – just make sure you make it pretty clear to Terilynn so she doesn’t get too confused.
- There will be a 10,000 word limit. (And yes, she’ll check – she’s anal that way)
- Please, NO script format. Terilynn wants a tale – not just dialogue. She wants to get to KNOW your characters and what make them tick – not just read what they say. So – prose it is!
- It can be a comedy, drama, action, romance, mystery – it doesn’t matter – just make her love your character!
- LAST DAY FOR ENTRIES is JANUARY 31, 2012 at 11:59 pm MOUNTAIN TIME!
Advice: Try to use a larger font in an easy-to-read color and keep a space between paragraphs. Indenting paragraphs is not necessary for posting your stories here. In other words – Terilynn’s eyes are old and tired – don’t make them work too hard.
The winner will be announced during the G & T Show which will air on February 5, 2012 and will be contacted by message in the forums.
Any questions? Great – post them in the questions thread in the contest area on the forums. Terilynn will be happy to clarify anything she can.
GOOD LUCK and GET WRITING!